My blower on my furnace will only click not come on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RPIntegrity

I am installing a new furnace, I have hooked up the power supply and tried bypassing the thermostat and only get a clicking sound from the furnace nothing else.

Welcome to the RV Forum RPIntegrity

Maybe a bit more information..

Type of year make and model of RV
Model of new heater
Reason for the new furnace....It may be related as to why the new one's not working.

Can you tell if the clicking sounds like it's coming from the fan?

So, are we to understand correctly that this is basically a utility trailer, and that it has never had a furnace installed in it before?

What is the make and model of the furnace that you are trying to install?

It is a Suburban 40k furnace. Purging the lines would have nothing to do with me just trying to get the blower to run.

Here's a great tutorial for troubleshooting a furnace:

http://www.rvforum.net/joomla/index.php/16-rv-how-tos/333-furnace-troubleshooting

The furnace troubleshooting article is missing???  I can see only the title. 

If there is air in the propane line, the propane furnace will try to light and shut down.  Thus the reason we purge the propane via a stove burner for first use.

Also if the propane is turned on too fast it can cause propane flow problems and thus interfere with furnace operations.  Someone correct me or add info., but I think turning of the propane and allow 5 minutes to pass before turning it back on.

Jennifer

ferfer said:
The furnace troubleshooting article is missing???  I can see only the title. 

If there is air in the propane line, the propane furnace will try to light and shut down.  Thus the reason we purge the propane via a stove burner for first use.

Also if the propane is turned on too fast it can cause propane flow problems and thus interfere with furnace operations.  Someone correct me or add info., but I think turning of the propane and allow 5 minutes to pass before turning it back on.

Jennifer

Your right Just a title...Maybe someone can fix that..

The Op stated that the only thing the furnace is doing is clicking. As I understand the fan is not working. I think he is trying to make sure the blower is working before he proceeds. I'm guessing a weak battery or wired incorrectly.

But it's just a guess without a little more information. Maybe a picture of what he has wired up will give a clue what the problem may be.

Click on the link I posted, then click on the word "here" ( it's blue by the way) that will allow the article to download.

Thanks kdbgoat. 

I found "here" after a hard look.  That blue color does not stand out but just blends in. 

Perhaps staff could request a bold color change so the "here" PDF link is obvious. 

Jennifer

RPIntegrity said:
It is a Suburban 40k furnace. Purging the lines would have nothing to do with me just trying to get the blower to run.
Maybe it's a NT-40 furnace. One of the steps in the furnace's control board sequence to start the furnace is checking that the sail switch is open before allowing the blower to come on. The sail switch is located inside the furnace box and is activated by air flow. If it is stuck in the wrong position, maybe due to a hard drop during shipping, it could cause the control board to fault and not allow the blower motor to run in the purge cycle. I'd check to see that the sail switch moves freely. Just remove a few screws to gain access to the inside of the furnace to inspect the switch. The "sail" part of the switch is a small rectangular piece of metal attached to a short metal rod. When the air from the blower motor hits the sail, the switch is activated (closed). The click you hear is the furnace power relay being activated, which is the on/off power to the control board when the thermostat calls for heat.
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom