Truck camper less expensive then Van campers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nakamuru

I initially wanted to get a trailor camper and attach to my volvo 2019 xc40 but the fact it makes the unit longer and not compact I decided not to go that route. Also seeing videos of it swaying (despite sway bar) made me little hesitant. Driving the unit in turns and back out was also a issue.

So I though van was way to go (i really like the vw california xl but not here in usa and bit pricey) but seems like it's around 60k plus (i need a funcitioning bathroom).

Then I realized a Truck can be used a camper and go offroad areas too. Can slip in and out of a camper and seems lower then van which includes a bathroom.

So thought of selling my xc40 which is great but I'm bit tired of keeping up with the jonese and try to live showy life..  And get a truck and rv camper.

So is van usually more pricier then truck rv setup? (indoor bathroom must be included).

Depends on what you want to do. A ?van camper? usually referred to as a Class B RV can be pretty expensive; $80,000 and up. A truck with a slide in camper can run you more than $100,000 depending on what you get. You can purchase a stock 3/4 ton or 1 ton cargo van for as little as $35,000 and kit it out as an RV. Look on Pinterest for Van RV conversions. This only works if you are handy.

Truck campers can be 100k? I saw ones that were like 15k and had bathroom and all. I think your referring to the luxury line right?

Truck campers are very heavy. Thus, the need for a heavy duty pickup which gets lousy gas mileage with or without a camper loaded on it. The price of campers varies widely. Not all have bathroom. Here's a link to used campers with a variety of prices: https://www.rvtrader.com/Truck-Camper-RVs/rvs-for-sale?type=Truck%20Camper%7C198074

nakamuru said:
Truck campers can be 100k? I saw ones that were like 15k and had bathroom and all. I think your referring to the luxury line right?

Truck and camper combined. The truck alone can run you $70k-$80k depending on what you get. You can pickup a used truck for $25k-$50k again depending on what you want.

New truck and new camper very expensive. However. a 2018 truck used and say a 2015 truck camper used together, can be around $35,000. So. choose carefully.

Back
Top Bottom