rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: 3 Days To Go - Our First Big RV Trip  (Read 1275 times)

rickd

• ---
    • Rick & Paulette's RV Travels
3 Days To Go - Our First Big RV Trip
« on: July 06, 2007, 09:35:07 PM »
Well, just 3 more days and then, on Monday, my wife, our 2 small dogs and me will take off for our first trip of more than 2 nights in the 5th wheel we bought in January of this year - our first. We plan to be on the road for at least a month.

Our main destinations after leaving our home here on Vancouver Island will be Mt. Rushmore and Yellowstone Park. But first, we are going to travel through B.C. to Calgary, on to Winnipeg and then down to Minneapolis before heading west again to Mt. Rushmore, the Little Big Horn, Yellowstone and finally back to the west coast.

We have been away for 7 weekend camping trips since we got the 5th wheel and have learned new tips and tricks on each occasion. I can't imagine even trying to go on this trip without those "shakedown" cruises! The biggest single thing I think I've learned, as the driver, is to take it 'slow and easy', double-check everything and take the time to enjoy the experience.

We are going to be posting pics and comments to our site at My Trip Journal and I'll post the link after we add a few things in case anyone is interested in having a look.

If anyone has advice for a couple of retired rookies, we would appreciate hearing from you.
Rick Doyle in Cowichan Bay, B.C. - 30 miles north of Victoria, B.C. Canada
2007 Chev Silverado Classic 2500HD CC/SB Duramax 6.6L w/Allison Auto. Trans.
1999 Citation Supreme 26RKS
Hijacker 16K Dual Pivot Sliding Hitch
Prodigy Brake Controller

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
Re: 3 Days To Go - Our First Big RV Trip
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 09:42:50 PM »
Hope you have a safe enjoyable trip.  Post reports on your travels.
Ron & Sam-home is where we park it. Currently located   HERE

Shayne

• ---
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 09:51:56 PM »
Most important is to enjoy and not drive too much per day.  Makes for a miserable time.   Good Luck and keep it touch.
Old, Stubborn, Opinionated, Set in my Ways, and Independent,  IMHO

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 04:03:45 PM »
That will be a neat trip.  Have fun, relax, and stop often.

ArdraF
ArdraF
:D :D