Plumbing Schematic for 1999 Fleetwood Bounder 34J

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HillbillyRV

Having a leak issue but can't find where leak is coming from. Hooked up to city water and leaks above rear axle area just in front of fresh water tank. No water inside motorhome just leaking down from roof of trunk. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

That sounds like the tank overflow/vent line, which is typically routed high at the rear of the coach.  If the tank overfills, that's where water exits.  Is your fresh tank showing full when this happens?  One fairly common problem is that the valve that allows the fresh tank to be filled form the city inlet evelops a leak and water trickles into the tank whenever you are hooked to city water. A similar on is a failed water pump, where water actually leaks through the pump itself.

On my '00 Bounder 36S, the fresh water tank is right at the tail of the coach and is vented by a line that runs up to the gravity fill door, but the pump(and fill valve)are in the compartment just ahead of the tank(and just behind the back axle).  I agree with Gary and I'd be looking a the pump.
Oh, I also have a broken line on the black tank flush system, which I discovered when I hooked it up and got a leak pretty much where you describe. Just something else to consider.

The fresh water tank is empty. The trunk door is open at the water tank on right side of RV . When city water is turned on. I look just in front of tank at ceiling of trunk.  There looks like a vent for heat possibly and that is where I see water dripping. The vent pipe is approximate 3? round.

That's odd.  I have a heat duct running in that same area.  It comes from the rear furnace and provides heat to the wet bay area.  Doesn't have anything to do with water. 

Is the wet bay(utility hook-up compartment)on the opposite side of the compartment you're looking through?  There's a lot of plumbing behind that panel with the fresh water, electric, and sewer hookups.  On my coach you can see all this plumbing from the passenger side, but to reach it to work on it, you have to remove the panel on the driver's side with all the valves and such.

BTW, is your coach plumbed with CPVC or Polybutylene(the grey plastic stuff)?  If it's still the poly, that stuff has crimp bands at the joints that are notorious for coming loose and dripping.

I have found customer service at Fleetwood very helpful in sending me prints of anything I have asked for except structure.  I have all prints for plumbing, electric etc.  Give them a call.  Have your VIN & MIN #s handy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom