Changing clocks tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
How many forgot to change their clocks tonight?  Spring ahead 1 hour. Or should I ask, how many will own up to forgetting to change their clocks tonight.  :eek: ::) :-[ :'( ;D  Be honest now!!!!

IDK but we go to mass at 8AM and I'll bet a good chuck of $$$ there will be fiolks walking in when we leave, nealy an hour later. 8)  The Microwave and oven clocks don't set themselves, yet.
Going to like the later hour of daylight tonight. 

The microwave is the only one here that doesn't change itself, but I seldom bother to look at it. DW will change it when she gets up though. The clock in my pickup doesn't change either, but I'm good there too, as I never set it back the last time change.

Rene T said:
how many will own up to forgetting to change their clocks tonight.  :eek: ::) :-[ :'( ;D  Be honest now!!!!

Good one Rene. Having recently spent several years in AZ where they don't change the clocks (except the Navajo Nation), I totally forgot  :-[

Our clocks dont change until 31st March.

We had an experience in Canyon de Chelly on the Navajo Reservation. Not understanding the clock change stuff we assumed that because our clock on the truck had changed that it was the correct time and we missed out on a guided tour of the canyon. We were offered to go the next day but we were leaving so they kindly gave us a refund.

Lesson learned...

I actually managed to get all but two clocks/watches changed without forgetting any. One was deliberate though, because I couldn't remember if it changed automatically, and I still need to change the toad clock at next use...

Clock change is also a good time to change batteries in smoke alarms.  We used to do it every time the clock changed but found that once per year was sufficient - it chirps if battery power drops in between.

I have done the changing of the batteries in the smoke alarms for the last time. Ours have been changed out for the 10 year lithium battery detectors. I doubt we will own either RV we currently have for 10 years after I installed them. We also have stand-alone CO detectors with 10 year batteries. The only thing left is the explosive gas detectors that supposedly last 5 years, but I have replaced them in both rv's in the last year. The one in our class C went bad in two years.

jackiemac said:
Our clocks dont change until 31st March.

We had an experience in Canyon de Chelly on the Navajo Reservation. Not understanding the clock change stuff we assumed that because our clock on the truck had changed that it was the correct time and we missed out on a guided tour of the canyon. We were offered to go the next day but we were leaving so they kindly gave us a refund.

Lesson learned...
You really need to attend a college class in order to understand the stupid clocks in Arizona. It is possible to have five time changes when driving across the state if you pick the right route. There are two tribes that dislike each other and refuse to admit the other one or the white people are correct.

djw2112 said:
Yes i forgot, just did it... thanks Scott oh i mean Rene  (joke from another post lol)  :))

Rene T said:
:'( :'( :'( :)( :)( :)( :p :p :p

Now you can call him Rene or you can call him Scott.....Just don't call him Gizmo ;D ;D

Back on subject....We changed everything in the house last night....Just have to do the my truck and her van. Of course that's assuming she changed the time on her van last fall..

The East Wing of the house is set for the Eastern Time Zone. The middle rooms are set at Central Time Zone and the Far west end of the house is Pacific Time Zone. It?s great because if we are sitting in the Eastern Time Zone and I say something stupid that p#$&es the wife off I can move to the middle or the west end of the house and it?s earlier so the comment never happened.

Oldgator73 said:
The East Wing of the house is set for the Eastern Time Zone. The middle rooms are set at Central Time Zone and the Far west end of the house is Pacific Time Zone. It?s great because if we are sitting in the Eastern Time Zone and I say something stupid that p#$&es the wife off I can move to the middle or the west end of the house and it?s earlier so the comment never happened.

Just wondering ....Should that "if" be changed to "When"

Other than that it sounds like a good plan.

We're in Arizona, so I didn't mess with the manual change clocks, both the laptops stayed correct.  I had to go into both phones and the atomic clock and change them back to the correct time.

Back
Top Bottom