Oh No...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lone_star_dsl

I've been on the road for 10 days and it's time to dump the black tank. I pull the lever and...just a slight trickle. The gray tank dumped just fine. I'm not really looking forward to tomorrow.

You might want to get one of these before you try again.

Hook it up in the line going to the dump station.  if it will not empty try to backflush the tank.

https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-RV_Sewer-sf-Waste_Valves-pt-Flush_Valves.aspx

Good Luck.

HueyPilotVN said:
You might want to get one of these before you try again.

Hook it up in the line going to the dump station.  if it will not empty try to backflush the tank.

https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-RV_Sewer-sf-Waste_Valves-pt-Flush_Valves.aspx

Good Luck.

My trailer has a black tank flush and I reluctantly hooked it up and gave it a go hoping that I wouldn't just fill the black tank to the brim.  To my surprise, I got a little dirty water followed by crystal clear water. I flushed the tank a half dozen times and everything seems to be in working order.

There are no apparent leaks from the black tank but I'm very curious where the previously deposited contents may have gone. It's a mystery for now but I will drop the underbelly when I get home and give everything a thorough inspection.

It might be a LARGE poo pile that broke a corner off to allow the fresh water flow past the pile????  Bill's suggestion might help that.

I always leave 5 gallons of water in the tank immediately after flushing so it never dries out. Make sure your valve seals tight so the liquid is not leaking out.

keymastr said:
I always leave 5 gallons of water in the tank immediately after flushing so it never dries out. Make sure your valve seals tight so the liquid is not leaking out.
X2

I leave about 5 gallons in both black and gray tanks after flushing. Seems to help anything from sticking in either. Food particles (and soap from the shower) that get past our scraping of pots and pans and get in the gray tank and then dry out can be as much a smell problem when they start breaking down as anything in the black tank. Giving up a few gallons of holding power to make sure I don't have smell problems and better performance from the tank sensors seems to work for me.

Back
Top Bottom