Step Cover 12V fuse or circuit breaker.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

judway

I was trying to unplug the switch for the step cover and had difficulty. When it quit moving, the cover was out covering the steps. The switch was taken apart at the wrong place. I got it all back together, but there seems to not be any 12V power to it.

I looked at all of the wiring drawings that I have and didn't find any clues. A search did not get any answers. The posters were having the same problem.

Has anyone seen the fuse or circuit breaker and can tell me where it is located? Thanks!

edit by staff - changed message icon to topic solved

I believe that if you look at the Body, 12 Volt Wiring Diagram for your coach you will see that the step cover gets its power from the wire labeled KA (that also supplies power to the steps themselves) which is protected by the ELECTRIC STEP BATTERY POWER 25A circuit breaker.  You should find that breaker under the driver's side front hood as seen on page 4 of the Front End Wiring Installation diagram for your coach.

Checked for the blown circuit breaker where you said, kinda. The 25A circuit breaker was obviously tripped. It was marked COOLING FANS. Reset the breaker and everything worked great. Thanks for the information.

I was trying to get the big cover off to be painted and look better. Ain't going to take the other side off. Tape and cover, then paint.

judway said:
... It was marked COOLING FANS. Reset the breaker and everything worked great. ...
Yes, sorry about that--that is the correct breaker for KA, as can be seen in the Front End Diagram I linked above.  (I was looking at the diagram for my coach by mistake to get the label on the breaker.)

The step well cover doesn't work now. The motor runs, but the cover doesn't move. I finally got the cover extended so I could see underside. The cables that make everything work are not working. One cable has one end unconnected an the other cable is loose but connected. I have looked for some instructions as to how to get the cables properly installed, but have had no luck. Does anyone have any ideas?

I believe the motor and the wiring are both OK. The cables shown in the pictures contained in the thread you suggested are what my problem is. The pictures may be a help. Right now they are all of the useful information I have. I will check it out tomorrow.

Thanks for the information.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom