Sonic X - Fully Sustainable, Carbon Fiber, Travel Trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IBTripping

KZ RV, a Thor Industries subsidiary, announced a new 26 foot, light weight, carbon fiber travel trailer. It has an infinite water filtration system. Just drop a hose in a river, creek, or lake and you've got purified drinking water. It's got 9 lithium batteries, charged by a rooftop solar system. It will be showcased at the RV Experience (RVX), March 12-14 in Salt Lake City, Utah. And, if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it.  ;)

Attachments

• rsz_sonic_x.jpg
    rsz_sonic_x.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 141
Why not simply drop a hose into the gray and black tanks?  No river, stream or lake required.  ::)

lynnmor said:
Why not simply drop a hose into the gray and black tanks?  No river, stream or lake required.  ::)

That's what they do on the International Space Station. Since money's no object, why not?  ;)

I love that Thor is perpetuating the image that RV manufactures like to put on their brochures - an RV, all by itself, sitting next to a river, creek or lake. I've stayed in some pretty nice spots and it's extremely rare, no matter how remote, to be able to find a spot where you could just drop a hose in the water.

(And I'll bet that carbon fiber doo da trailer would still have bad worksmanship and underrated tires!)

When we raft through the Grand Canyon we do drop a hose in the river. Fortunately, it is hooked to a Katadyn Expedition Filter, .5 micron ceramic filter impregnated with silver. We also lightly chlorinate the water for at least 4 hours.  I would like to see what filter they are using.
RichH

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom