New drapes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

I installed drapes in my living room but I did it in a non traditional manner. My fiver has three pop outs. One in the bedroom which was not involved in this project and two in the living room. Rather than install drapes directly over the windows as it it done traditionally, I installed them over the pop out opening essentially turning the living room into three rooms. The living room and kitchen where my TV and my surround system is located and a music room and exercise room. The exercise room sits behind my TV chair and contains my exercise bike, Chromebook and two of my surround speakers. The music room contains my electric piano, my guitar amplifier and my electronic drum set. The whole point of putting the drapes where I did is to control temperature in the RV. The drapes are thermal drapes and they block light, heat, cold and sound. So now I get up in the morning and open the drapes up until the temp gets over 80 degrees in the living room and then I turn on the A/C and close the drapes. Usually it takes about a half an hour to get the temp down to 75 then I turn the A/C off. I will do the reverse on cold days. After the temp gets below 70 I will turn on the heater until it warms up the room. I have been running the A/C a lot less since I installed the drapes and I am sure they will end up saving me money in the long run.

Attachments

• Music room open.jpg
    Music room open.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Music room closed.jpg
    Music room closed.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Exercising room open.jpg
    Exercising room open.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Exercise room closed.jpg
    Exercise room closed.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 50
Not only does it look great....It should help keep you more comfortable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom