New to us Class C

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angels52

Hi Everyone,
I'm so glad I found this forum to ask questions without fear  ;)  Hubby & I traded in our Salem Cruise Lite for a 2017 Sunseeker.  He had the extra braking system, air bags and anti sway bar on the TT.  Should we get the Safety Plus for steering and Firestone Ride Rite air springs?  I'll be trying to assist with driving now :'(  Mostly it's just us but we have our 12 yr old granddaughter in the summers and she loves camping, fishing and bugs-except for flies, they get the Bug Assault ::)

TIA!!
Sharon from AZ

If it was me, I'd take it for a long drive loaded for camping on a variety of roads; city streets, 2 lane highway, Interstate or freeway, and well maintained gravel/dirt road. If you like the ride and handling, you may not need additional suspension and ride modifications.

I agree, don't buy anything until you have driven it. And if you don't like the ride start with putting the proper inflation in your tires, since RV tires are usually over inflated from dealerships.

Like the others said, don't rush into anything

Start off getting 4 corners weights for the coach, then asses if you need to move anything around to balance the load, once you have things reasonably balanced, consult the tire manufacturers load inflation chart and inflate your tires to the correct level.  See http://www.rvtirepressure.com/assets/images/extrapages/michelin_rv_load_inflation.pdf

After you have done that test drive it for a while, then evaluate if any other corrective actions need to be done, the next one on the list is likely a proper alignment.  Only after that consider modification, As motorhomes are generally not aligned after being completed, only as bare chassis from the factory, which have a very different balance than a completed coach.

I agree with the above. Generally, class C's run pretty much right at the weight limits, so tire pressures wine real close to the sticker. Probably the biggest improvement in handling will come through having it aligned, with particular attention being paid to the caster. To get the desired amount, the shop will have to install Ingalls bushings (or equivalent) to get 5 1/4? on the left, and 5? on the right.

Back
Top Bottom