Rockwood by forest river rvs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nakamuru

Just wondering specifically if this brand is pretty good? I'm thinking of getting a rv truck camper or trailer from them.

Some q's

1. And generally speaking, how long does a trailor or truck camper last? I know water issue can be a big deal as some manufactures focus on quick production and not seeing the leaks etc.. But I'm having faith that productions get better and better nowadays.

2. I'm sure value goes down a lot as any vehicle etc but trailer campers and truck campers they don't have engine etc so is that value go down slower?

3. How often do you guys sell or trade it in?  I sometimes see truck campers that's been used for several decades but when I see that it makes it feel like they are homeless bums (sorry not trying to offend anyone but just that's what comes to mind).

nakamuru said:
Just wondering specifically if this brand is pretty good? I'm thinking of getting a rv truck camper or trailer from them.

I personally consider them to be a good make.

Some q's

1. And generally speaking, how long does a trailor or truck camper last? I know water issue can be a big deal as some manufactures focus on quick production and not seeing the leaks etc.. But I'm having faith that productions get better and better nowadays.

We had a 20 yr old Okanagan, and it served us well. Our current Arctic Fox is 9 years old.

2. I'm sure value goes down a lot as any vehicle etc but trailer campers and truck campers they don't have engine etc so is that value go down slower?

All RV's lose value at an alarming rate. Buy gently used whenever you can.

3. How often do you guys sell or trade it in?  I sometimes see truck campers that's been used for several decades but when I see that it makes it feel like they are homeless bums (sorry not trying to offend anyone but just that's what comes to mind).

I added my comments into the quote above as it was easier to do on my phone.

As to your last question, much depends on how a unit was looked after. Admittedly, color schemes will date the unit right at the get-go. Orange screams 80s, and teal screams 90s, just like dark sided Browns are going to scream 2010's in a few years. however, if they are kept up and are shiny, they will continue to look good none the less.

Personally, I tend to buy a unit that is 5 to 10 years old, and keep it for 5 to 10 years. Much depends on how much customisation I have done to the unit to suit my own needs in the meantime. Basically, if it still suits my needs, I don't care a whole lot about what others think of me.

We have a 2015 Rockwood 2604WS and have had no problems that were not self inflicted.

I used to have a Rockwood and did not have any problems that were not corrected under warranty. I would recommend it.

One of the nice things with Rockwood, IIRC, is that it is all aluminum studding in the walls. If the unit should leak into a wall, the studs won't rot.

My travel trailer (TT) is over 20 years old. It's very basic, but was built well and well maintained. I'm doing some updates and modifications and I expect it to give 20 more years of service. Most important, the previous owners did the necessary maintenance to protect it from the death spiral of water damage.

You can expect similar longevity if you do the proper maintenance. Please keep us updated on which RV you decide to purchase.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom