Satellite TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dish offers a monthly plan you can turn on and off.    direct makes you get a contract.
BTW if your already a Shaw customer you might be able to use your Shaw south of the border

Shaw works quite a ways so so does the other one..  (BellVue or if I recall) now South Texas or Flordia.. YOu wont' get 'em but a couple states north and they work for the most part.

I 2nd the Shaw suggestion.  We are selling everything and preparing to live in our trailers for the next few years.  I am already preparing to hook up Shaw service as it can be used well into the US.  Just don't tell Shaw you are in the states if you are having problems.  They will shut you down possibly.

Shaw uses three satellites, Anik F1R at 107.3, Anik F2 at 111.1, and Anik G1 at also at 107.3. F1R and F2 reach pretty much all of continental US and Mexico, but G1 is pretty tightly restricted to Canada and the northern US border states. I don't know what determines which satellites a given receiver model or subscription plan uses.

https://www.global-cm.net/SD%20sat%20coverage.html

John From Detroit said:
Shaw works quite a ways so so does the other one..  (BellVue or if I recall) now South Texas or Flordia.. YOu wont' get 'em but a couple states north and they work for the most part.
Bell ExpressVu does not work much below the US/Canada boarder since they upgraded their satellites several years ago. Shaw does work well right now but they have just added a new satellite and that one is not likely to work down south from the getgo.

:I winter in South Miami.  One of the neighbors gets Shaw down there.

I think you should go with Dish. Since you're vacationing, you must be moving places. So, when you need to stop the plan dish provides that facility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom