Looking for the Portable Generator...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joy W

Do you guys know is there was some kind of recall for the Honda EU2200? I don?t know what?s happening here but I just can?t find a Honda anywhere right now? I wanted to get one, was pretty excited about it and then nothing. I searched in a lot of stores and then even went online and couldn?t find it at all. I was sure I would find it online somewhere. I wanted to buy it this month but it?s out of stock on every site I?ve looked.

Welcome to the forum.

Is there a reason you have your heart set on the Honda?
What are you trying to power?  A popup, a trailer, or a fifth wheel?

Don't know why the Honda isn't available but there are other brands that are good too.
Costco and Sam's Club sell generators too but probably not the Honda brand.

Did you check Ebay?  Sometimes a gently used one will pop up as someone found it
wouldn't power what they wanted and so they wanted a bigger one.
Generally speaking there is no such thing as too much power.  But size and weight can be a concern.

Welcome to the RV Forum Joy

I'm not sure why you would have trouble finding the Honda either. But as stated you can find other choices.

We took a chance on this ...And have been very happy. They also make a 2000 watts

https://www.harborfreight.com/3500-watt-super-quiet-inverter-generator-63584.html

You can buy the Honda EU2200IC from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Honda-EU2200IC-2200-Watt-Companion-Generator/dp/B079YTM9D4/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1?crid=IIP090QAV8M0&keywords=honda+eu2200+inverter&qid=1553035389&s=gateway&sprefix=Honda+EU2200+%2Caps%2C125&sr=8-1-fkmrnull

I have to disagree, the only comparable unit out there are the Yamaha Inverter generators, all the others are a step down.  For many years Honda and Yamaha have had a one up-manship thing going on in the Japanese inverter generator market, all the others are just cheaper built knock offs.

I have a Honda 3000 Inverter/Generator, it's an awesome unit, super quiet, electric start and will run all night without re fueling.

Isaac-1 said:
I have to disagree, the only comparable unit out there are the Yamaha Inverter generators, all the others are a step down.  For many years Honda and Yamaha have had a one up-manship thing going on in the Japanese inverter generator market, all the others are just cheaper built knock offs.

You're right. I had a brain glitch and forgot to list Yamaha which is a top quality inverter generator. Although IMO the others I listed are reliable products.

A champion inverter, any size, is also a top quality inverter for half the price of a Honda or Yamaha.

Back
Top Bottom