Headboard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peggyy

Has anyone put a headboard in your rv and if so how did you attach to the wall?  Our new camper has no headboard and i would like one.....i think!

Many upgrades like that are not done simply because they add weight.  Too much weight in your case, might not be friendly with the slide.  If you found something very lightweight that met your needs, I have found that double sided heavy duty tape or picture hanging strips do a good job sticking to walls.  I used this to hang a large mirror on a door.  I'll say that mirror is there for life  ;)

https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Heavy-Double-Mounting-Inches/dp/B019HT1U9E/ref=asc_df_B019HT1U9E/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167121201241&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13795123129924149230&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9016155&hvtargid=pla-311820756231&psc=1

I picked up a 2 in thick sheet of styrofoam, the type that appears to have tinfoil glued to both sides. Then I used the same type fabric that we made the valances and front curtain out of, cemented it to one side and hot glued the corners.
  The board is attached with velcro, lots of velcro. Now I can take it off to clean or recover. Our previous headboard had a forest scene that was bought from IKEA and fastened the same way.
  Made some pillowcases with the leftovers.

Attachments

• rvheadboard (Small).jpg
    rvheadboard (Small).jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 24
The exterior walls are thin, maybe 2", so use short screw or hollow wall anchor-type bolts. Screws will work if the interior wall covering is stiff enough, but most RVs have thin luan panels (or similar) so there is only about 1/8" for the screw threads to grab. For that reason, screw anchors, e.g. drywall anchors, or hollow wall bolts (with built in anchors) are recommended.

Don't be surprised if the headboard comes loose after awhile anyway - RVs are subject to a lot of vibration and flexing while traveling.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom