LED automatic post cap lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djw2112

Anyone use any post cap lights at home, i have seen them on ebay 8 lights for $60 but ill bet those wont even last one summer in this humid heat, prob made out of cheap plastic.  Let me know if you have been through this and know of some good buys.  Since they are going to prob be expensive ill prob only use one on every third post and put normal caps on the others.

Since i am laid up with severe tennis elbow i figured i would make a list for payday lol...

We have one from Lowe's that we have been using since October. Up until the last week or so, it wasn't lit when I leave for work at about 5:50 am. It's been on when I leave now. I was disappointed that it didn't fit a standard 4x4 post tightly. It would probably fit a true 4x4. I just put a screw through the flange to hold it to the post.

3 of the largest complaints i see with these things is they dont fit a common 4x4 snug, they fall apart from the sun damage, or their rechargeable batteries fail and the unit has to be replaced.

I have 5 at home on step posts bought at Home Depot - no not what brand - aluminum bodies - lasted 4 years so far.

dcb

dcbinvt said:
I have 5 at home on step posts bought at Home Depot - no not what brand - aluminum bodies - lasted 4 years so far.

dcb

Ill look for aluminum bodies in description, thanks for that info..

Back
Top Bottom