Best RV windows/doors for new build?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rebar

Hello everyone.

I'm having a custom cargo trailer built to convert, and the builder will allow me to supply windows and door..

If you were in my position, which brand and series would you choose?

Thanks!

Bobtop46 said:
If the budget supports go for the double pane "insulated" ones, Tinted if you like that.

Budget would allow them, but I'm undecided if the trade off from laminated is worth it. 

It seems the majority of RV windows are made by Hehr.

The higher the number series, the better?

Definitely dual pane and tinted!  They make a huge difference in hot or cold areas and they muffle outside noise better.  I don't know window brands but personally we prefer the ones that slide open in a track.  Many RVs these days have the sleek-appearing windows that open outward a couple of inches.  We prefer more air flow.  I even use our larger windows to reach out and extend our window awnings without going outside and using the "wand" to reach up to the strap.  To me the RV manufacturers have chosen form over function and maybe the new style also is less expensive to produce.

ArdraF

Doors are almost all made out of some cheap laminated garbage.  2x2 pine perimiter frame with waffle cardboard insides.  All this hung on a cheezy aluminum frame.  Check horse trailer builders in your area and see who they get their doors from.

donn said:
Check horse trailer builders in your area and see who they get their doors from.

I'm actually considering converting a new live stock trailer built by K & O or Pace Setter.  I love the 20 gauge roof walls and doors.  But the angle iron "livestock" frame I don't agree with.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_20160809_135753711.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20160809_135753711.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 18
  • thumbnail_IM000810.jpg
    thumbnail_IM000810.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 19
  • thumbnail_IM001405_2 (2).jpg
    thumbnail_IM001405_2 (2).jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom