Recommended route: WI North Woods to Akron, OH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richclover

Google Maps and RVParky like I-39 south to I-90 to ... Chicago.  Through Chicago to I-80.

I'm looking at different ways around  Chicago.  Sorry, we're not interested in a 2:00 AM drive through the city  ;)

Also, after Chicago, Hwy 30 through Ft. Wayne as opposed to the I-80 toll route?

Thanks for any ideas!

I haven't driven US 30 between Chicago and Fort Wayne.  But I have driven US-30 between Ft Wayne and Masilon , Ohio many times, then I-71 to US 224 into Akron.  That is all very good road.

Lowell said:
I haven't driven US 30 between Chicago and Fort Wayne.  But I have driven US-30 between Ft Wayne and Masilon , Ohio many times, then I-71 to US 224 into Akron.  That is all very good road.

Very helpful, thanks!

Lowell said:

I should have said Mansfield, Ohio, not Masilon

The last time I drove this was from Oshkosh Wisconsin to Massillon Ohio. I don't remember what route I took to stay out of Chicago but I remember I stayed west and dropped down to Joliet. There I took US30 all the way to Massillon.

You could stay on I-39 down to US30 or on down to US52 and take that into Joliet and pick up US30.

Going to Akron I'd take US30 to Mansfield and pick up I-71 up to US224 then into Akron.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lmw
Back
Top Bottom