8 minute slide show of March 3 day trip to Michigan's Tahquamenon Falls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

Just finished my video trip log a our great but brief winter trip to Michigan's Tahqumenon Fall.  The state park is open all year and has 30 and 50 amp hookups.  Water is available only at the campground well house.  The forty inches of snow on the ground and in the trees made the area a true fairyland.  The  8 minute slide show is accompanied with music.

https://youtu.be/bftwY9IvnjA

Really enjoyed the slideshow.  Beautiful!!  Wondering how you keep warm in your van?

Robin

Very nice slideshow!  And beautiful  But brrr freezy cold!!!  I'm wondering also about the pop-top.  Does it have canvas sides?  We darned near froze one time in Yosemite in our VW Westphalia with a pop-top.  We had Jerry's sister with us and she slept in the "cot" up in the top.  She's never traveled in an RV since!

ArdraF

Roadhappy said:
Really enjoyed the slideshow.  Beautiful!!  Wondering how you keep warm in your van?

Robin
Van has a built in 710/1325 watt (measured values) electric heater across from the side doors.  On late fall and winter trips we also carry a small portable 540/800/1380 watt heater that we place by the bathroom (rear of van) to even out the heat distribution.  Front on 1300 watts and rear on 800 watts will make the inside of the van about 68ff.  Every 1000 watts will raise interior temp about 25f.  If the front of the van is sealed off with privacy curtain and all the window curtains are closed then every 1000 watts raises the seating/bathroom area 35f.  Van insulation and window coverings are very important.

ArdraF said:
Very nice slideshow!  And beautiful  But brrr freezy cold!!!  I'm wondering also about the pop-top.  Does it have canvas sides?  We darned near froze one time in Yosemite in our VW Westphalia with a pop-top.  We had Jerry's sister with us and she slept in the "cot" up in the top.  She's never traveled in an RV since!

ArdraF
Electric heater keeps the top canvas sided sleeping area about 50-55f in cold weather.  No heat it is only about 10f warmer then the outside from body heat.  We do take a goose down sleeping bag as a comforter for late fall and winter camping.  It is rated to about 0F.  the two of us have always been very comfortable when we us it.  PS: My job in cold weather is to get up and turn up the electrical heater (if we have electricity) or fire up the Mr Buddy heater.  Within 1/2 hour everything is fine.

Back
Top Bottom