Ant bite or spider bite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djw2112

I know i got bitten by an ant today, but a few days ago i also got bittin by something im not sure what it was, spider maybe.  In the pic you can see the two bites, i put tripple anti biotic on both which is why they are shiney. 

What concerns me about the bigger bite is that it has a white center and when it first happened a few days ago i squeezed it and alot of blood came out of it.  I guess if it gets bigger or changes i should prob go see the doc.  Its not bleeding anymore and looks to be slowly healing for now.

Anyone see anything like this before ?

Attachments

• SANY0003 (Small).jpeg
    SANY0003 (Small).jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 93
The redness appears to be inflammation so using an antibiotic on it is good.  It doesn't appear to have red streaks radiating out from the bite which is good.  Also, it's not a bullseye which would indicate a tick bite and needs an antibiotic prescription.  I had one with the streaks radiating out from the bullseye tick bite.  Are you in red ant territory?  I've heard a lot of people react to them.  By the way, redness and/or streaks from a tick bite require seeing a doctor for treatment because long-term effects can be devastating if you get Lyme disease.

ArdraF

Ill watch it closely, i am a diabetic as well so i have to pay attention to my feet closely.    I have some mupirocin (prescription strength anti biotic)  that i have been using on it.  Thanks for the heads up... :)

Where are you?  If you're in Fire Ant country (pretty much all of the south anymore), they can leave some nasty reminders that they were there.  I still have some scars on my feet/toes from some fire ant bites over a year ago.  Nasty buggers those things.

Im in Texas, yes we have lots of them here.  As soon as i feel myself get bit i stop what i am doing and wash it off and put some sav on it.  Im with you on the bite marks since i have diabetes and leg edema seems to take forever for things to heal.  I have had scabs on my legs for over a year before they fell off.

Well they should have left me alone but now i killed them with a special treat, i knew they would love it lol  ;D

Not trying to be ignorant, but why don't you just go to an immediate care, urgent care, or whatever they happen to call them in that area, instead of asking for medical diagnosis on an RV forum?

kdbgoat said:
Not trying to be ignorant, but why don't you just go to an immediate care, urgent care, or whatever they happen to call them in that area, instead of asking for medical diagnosis on an RV forum?

I used to play Doctor....Until her Daddy caught us. ;D ;D ;D

kdbgoat said:
Because it's very costly? At some point it may be necessary but, as you know, only the individual involved can make the decision about when that's the case.
Bob

kdbgoat said:

Its OK, its Cost?    At this point i dont see a reason to pay $35 to go see my doctor, especially if its a common issue such as a ant bite that will heal.  If i see it getting worse i will go see my doctor but if i had to go to the doctor every time i got a scrape, i would do nothing but sit in the doctors office 24/7

As per the part about RV forum, ill start a new post for that one :)

Gizmo100 said:
I used to play Doctor....Until her Daddy caught us. ;D ;D ;D

I love that one, so funny!

It looks like it could be a bite from a brown recluse. Pretty serious.

kdbgoat said:
It looks like it could be a bite from a brown recluse. Pretty serious.

Thats what i thought when i first saw it, i have seen pics of those bites but never had one, or some kind of spider.  This morning there is no more white center, it appears to be scabing over, its still swollen and red but ill watch it closely. 

That's good news! Probably not a brown recluse then. From what I've been told, they don't get better looking, just worse.

Some good example photos here...

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/g17238605/spider-bite-pictures/

Several months ago I got one on my knee with the white dot in it. I remember thinking wow that's weird.

It was pretty sore for several days and went away after a couple weeks. 

Why don't you go to the doctor and find out what it is so then I'll know and won't have to pay for the doctor visit next time.

Arch Hoagland said:
Why don't you go to the doctor and find out what it is so then I'll know and won't have to pay for the doctor visit next time.

LOL nice try :)  Maybe we need to recruit a Dr. as a member  :D

jackiemac said:
Oh no. I cannot imagine some of the posts!!!  :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

LOL  I am sure that if we did have any, they would post incognito mainly due to liability.

Well at least it was not a bullet ant (the largest ant in the world) from panama. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ka3hNgR4Qo

I am surprised Texas does not have these or import these to reaffirm that everything in Texas is bigger lol

Back
Top Bottom