Ant bite or spider bite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
djw2112 said:
LOL  I am sure that if we did have any, they would post incognito mainly due to liability.

Well at least it was not a bullet ant (the largest ant in the world) from panama. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ka3hNgR4Qo

I am surprised Texas does not have these or import these to reaffirm that everything in Texas is bigger lol

YUK

By the way, that guy on the you tube, Steve Backshall, is crazy.  He does some amazing trips....

Jackiemac,  besides any Dr. would still have to pass the Over or Under - Folded or Wadded  exam.  LOL

We did have a Doctor member for years, he went by the handle "Giles", unfortunately I haven't seen him post in since Sept 2018.

Ed

What concerns me about the bigger bite is that it has a white center and when it first happened a few days ago i squeezed it and alot of blood came out of it. 

The white center is indicitive of an alien procedure, either an injection or an aspiration. Theres something about their hypodermics that leave that white center. No ones been able to find out since all attempts at interogating said aliens have failed. Treatment options depend on whether you want to find out what was done to you, or just have it healed and go away.

djw2112 said:
Jackiemac,  besides any Dr. would still have to pass the Over or Under - Folded or Wadded  exam.  LOL
Mmm I'd forgotten about those very important questions.  And yours Gator...?

We've had many distinguished doctors participate in this forum over the years.  One standout is Dr. Russell Mahoney who, incidentally, probably saved my life by facilitating an early diagnosis of breast cancer at a very early stage.  Subsequently, his former colleagues (he was a retired RV buddy) treated me as if I were his family member once we reached Iowa Methodist Hospital.  Just because they don't "label" themselves as "doctor" doesn't necessarily mean they don't care or won't step in and help the "framily" when needed.

cadee2c said:
The white center is indicitive of an alien procedure, either an injection or an aspiration. Theres something about their hypodermics that leave that white center. No ones been able to find out since all attempts at interogating said aliens have failed. Treatment options depend on whether you want to find out what was done to you, or just have it healed and go away.

lol toooo funny.....  no wonder my butt hurts lol

Thanks Tom and Margi, I had a senior moment.  Russ was really a well respected and revered Medical Doctor who was very active in the Forum for years.  His many Forum wives would cater to him as he loved to eat and had a great wit and was a friend to all.

Ed

I am a nurse Practitioner who works at Urgent Care. See many of these that people self diagnose as a spider bite or some type of bite. Actually it is MRSA - methicillin resistant staph aureus. Likely an abscess with this organism. You should have it checked out by a medical professional as some of these can end up as serious infections. Require special antibiotics.

debsmg said:
I am a nurse Practitioner who works at Urgent Care. See many of these that people self diagnose as a spider bite or some type of bite. Actually it is MRSA - methicillin resistant staph aureus. Likely an abscess with this organism. You should have it checked out by a medical professional as some of these can end up as serious infections. Require special antibiotics.

I have a dermatology appointment on the 4th, ill see what he thinks.  But it seems to be healing up nicely, but im sure it will take some time as my feet and legs are slow healing.

debsmg said:

Thank you for your input! 

I almost made a doctor appointment with mine but then it slowly cleared up. 

Hfx_Cdn said:
      His many Forum wives would cater to him as he loved to eat and had a great wit and was a friend to all.

Ed
Ha ha!  I had forgotten we called ourselves his forum wives.  He was a treasure!

Oldgator73 said:
I washed my hands vigorously after reading these posts. I now have on gloves while responding.

I wear PPE anytime I read your post ;D ;D

Oldgator73 said:
I hope your PPE includes a respirator, ear and eye protection.

Just for your post I put all this stuff on....And I turn off the sound in case the ear plugs don't seal.

Attachments

• gator suit.jpg
    gator suit.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 5
    Margi, my DW Donna was one who considered him as a surrogate husband from the first time we met at our summer place when Russ along with the Brewers were visiting Atlantic Canada.  But we really gained an appreciation for who he was when we were set up in Des Moine and looked on a site just down from us and Russ was setting up.  Des Moine being his home town, he took us all over the place, we went for meals together, and had an overall enjoyable unexpected week together.

Ed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom