Curious Package Delivery at RV park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djw2112

Technically im still parked at my old location, i will be moving my RV to the new private land location in april. 

So yesterday i am taking my afternoon nap and i was woken up by a huge squeekey thud.  So i went outside and there was a large box truck (class B) parked on my road in the RV park.  The thud noise was his rear package lift being deployed.  And he proceeded to unload a whole pallet of boxes to the people staying accross from me.  They have been here a few weeks and are fishing (they have a boat), i assume the boat is rented but not sure, they have a class A RV and two vehicles.

I have tried to talk to them a few times over the last few weeks but they dont seem in the mood to chat, and thats ok, some people dont like that so its cool. 

But i am curious why so many boxes, there must have been 60 or 70 midsize boxes (about the size of a VCR box).    I dont know if they stored them under the class A or took them inside because by the time the truck left they were nowhere to be seen.

I assume maybe they are some kind of private distributor for a product or company but i thought those shipments went directly to the consumer and not to the independent distributor first.  Strange i have never seen such a huge delivery of packages to a RV park temporary resident before.

Could be drugs  :eek:  When you think about it, perfect cover.  If you see something that looks fishy, tell someone to investigate.  :))

sounds like a shipment of dialysys fluid. Those companies, once they get your medicaid number, basically have a money printing machine, so they ship significant quantities.

When we were house-shopping we saw places where the garage was half full of the stuff.

bigfatguy said:
sounds like a shipment of dialysys fluid. Those companies, once they get your medicaid number, basically have a money printing machine, so they ship significant quantities.

When we were house-shopping we saw places where the garage was half full of the stuff.

Maybe dialysis fluid bags filled with liquid cocaine.  The would even be more curiouser.  :)

Its unusual, but people run all sorts of businesses out of RV's perhaps they sell squeegees or latex pillows, or some such at trade shows, boat shows, etc.

I dont think it warrants investigation at this time.  I did notice on my walk that it is a rental boat and rental truck as well.  And they are elderly couple along with a more elderly female.  So the dialysis could be right on the money, they could be just taking her on the last hurahhhh trip.    Must be nice to afford a class A and rent a boat and truck for a month. 

Trade show people also sounds quite logical, could be in between shows just restocking and resting..  Isnt that what R&R means lol hee hee

darsben said:
How about groceries, kumquats or a million other things. I do not subscribe to the communist like and **** like programme of turning in your neighbor.
A suspicious pqckage left alone in a public place I will say something

Bravo! Why do some people always think the worst? Especially when it is no one's business but the people who received the packages. I can hear the 911 call now. "Hello police? I would like to report a package delivery. What is in the packages you ask? I don't know but it sure seems odd. I never receive that many packages and I think anyone that does must be up to no good."
RichH

aguablanco said:
Bravo! Why do some people always think the worst? Especially when it is no one's business but the people who received the packages. I can hear the 911 call now. "Hello police? I would like to report a package delivery. What is in the packages you ask? I don't know but it sure seems odd. I never receive that many packages and I think anyone that does must be up to no good."
RichH

I agree, hey but that kid last week did call the cops because he lost his teddy bear lol

bigfatguy said:
The real question is: WHO said that?

Nobody good.

I said it was "they". You know who "they" is don't you? "They" say so much, so everyone ought to know who "they" is by now. You been living under a rock?  ;D  ::)  8)

Police always say that if you see something suspicious, report it. How many deaths could have been avoided in the past if someone had just reported seeing something. It's called a red flag.  Unfortunately, it's part of our society today. 

Rene T said:
Police always say that if you see something suspicious, report it. How many deaths could have been avoided in the past if someone had just reported seeing something. It's called a red flag.  Unfortunately, it's part of our society today.

True, there are many cases where someone should have said something but i feel this is different.  It was done in the wide open with everyone paying attention, they are elderly, their personal info is at the office, and they have been here for weeks now.  So although curious i dont think it qualitifies as really suspicious behavior.  Now if it was a bunch of wooden crates with military logo on them, or a large delivery of furtilizer, that would be different.

I feel pretty good that its either a supplier, road show, dialysis supplies, or similar.

As mentioned above it may be perfectly innocent, or it may not, though simply being unusual does not make it criminal, and should not raise alarm bells.

On a side story related to unusual activity, 25 or so years ago I owned a vinyl sign and screen printing shop, we also provided a number of other business services on the side, including making copies, sending faxes, as well as selling outsourced rubber stamps, business cards, etc.  One day shortly after opening the shop a well dressed man came in, (well dressed enough to be out of place in the local community), he was interested in buying some fancy business cards to be used as hang tags for hand made dolls his wife made.  These were $250 for a thousand fold over style cards on parchment paper with gold foil embossing, etc. not the standard $19  for a thousand budget cards, the next week he picked up his cards, and I never saw him again.  He was a somewhat memorable customer, had spent close to an hour laying out the cards, picking fonts, etc. and had a very unusual traditional sounding name, though I don't recall what it was anymore (think something like Jebediah L. Hennigan Jr).

Anyway a couple of years later I am in a local fast food place eating breakfast, reading one of the regional newspapers from a city 70 miles away (remember morning newspapers?), and I run across an article about a guy with this same unusual name being arrested.  Apparently he had been pulled over for a routine traffic stop by a state trooper driving down a rural section of I-49, he then immediately bailed out of the car running for the woods carrying a suitcase, which happened to contain 29 pounds of cocaine.  I don't know for sure if it was the same guy, but given the matching name I suspect it was.

Rene T said:
How many deaths could have been avoided in the past if someone had just reported seeing something.

Virtually none, if recent media cases are to be believed.

Every time there is a mass-murder event, within a couple of weeks it's invariably shown that the police "had him on their radar" and just didn't do anything with the information.

Post-9/11, the FBI revealed a memo written by an agent that said something along the lines of "we need to be careful of these guys" that nothing was done with. (with which nothing was done... ? ) (nothing with done was which... ?)

Compare the likelihood of nothing good happening with the chance of getting an innocent person's dog shot, or a flash-bang grenade thrown into a baby's crib, or an innocent citizen being shot while sleeping in their car, or on the steps of a Costco, or while presenting their wallet, or while delivering newspapers.

See something actionable? Take action. Otherwise, enjoy your RV and let them enjoy theirs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaderic
Back
Top Bottom