Surprise Bisbee Mini-Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kevin Means

Site Team
Neat things happen when you?re a member of this Forum. Cyndi and I were camped just outside of Bisbee, Arizona yesterday, looking for property, when I got a text from Alpena Jeff. Coincidentally, he and Judy just happened to be visiting Bisbee (a small tourist town south of Tucson) and were saying ?hi.? They knew we were interested in this area, and just wanted to let us know they were there. Needless to say, we had great time visiting with them.

Kev

Attachments

• 5CF662FE-0041-47F8-87AE-D5E21C7EB415.jpeg
    5CF662FE-0041-47F8-87AE-D5E21C7EB415.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 87
Kevin, Bisbee?  Well I guess you're used to some pretty warm weather.  Keep us posted on your search.  If you find a decent area, high temps well below 120?, we might just consider following your exit from the tax nightmare called California.  All I need to do is convince Maria.  She says she's on board if we find the right area. 

I looked at some property down there, and what's interesting is there is a large aquifer in some areas, allowing you to have a mini ranch out in the arid desert, yet have significant well water. Deep though, if I recall wells run 500-800 feet so spendy initially

We owned a 4 acre lot in Sierra Vista for years which is about 25 miles away from Bisbee. We were going to build and retire there before life got in the way.  It's a nice community in a military town (Fort Huachuca). Also close to Tombstone AZ.

Hey Kevin,

Before you settle in, go north about 35 miles and stop in an see us here at the Escapee Saguaro Co-Op in Benson - Mile marker 295 on Hwy 80  http://www.skpsaguaro.org/lots-available.html
This is a great area and there are some good real estate deals around us. If you're an Escapee member and have never been here before, you can get a coupon on our web site and stay here for a week for $60.00.

In addition to Laurie and me, Bill and Jolene Wetstone are here also.

Heli_av8tor said:
Kev, looks like you?re eating healthy.

Jeff, hope Judy gave you a bite or two.
Yea Tom. We split that monster club!
We enjoyed meeting you and Theresa in KOFA last month and thanks again for having us for dinner.
Good people!

Jeff, Our pleasure.

We?ve stayed at the saguaro sip part a couple times. Nice park. Didn?t work out as a stopping point today.
Would have been fun to meet up.

For those who are interested but dont know there is a RVForum.net group on RVillage.com where people on the forum can keep up with others location.  I dont believe this forum has that capability, but would be a nice addition.

https://www.rvillage.com/group/508/rvforum-net

garyb1st said:
Kevin, Bisbee?  Well I guess you're used to some pretty warm weather.  Keep us posted on your search.  If you find a decent area, high temps well below 120?, we might just consider following your exit from the tax nightmare called California.  All I need to do is convince Maria.  She says she's on board if we find the right area.
We'll keep you posted Gary. We'd love to have you guys as neighbors. We found a beautiful piece of property a few miles out of town in the mountains (over 5000 feet.) The average summer highs hit about 90, and the area gets about 6 inches of snow each year. We're going to have to build, but that's OK - it won't be our first time. I spend a lot of time with our grandkids, and it's going bother me to be away from them, but I'm sure they and I will get used to it.

We passed through Sierra Vista, the town Marty mentioned, coming and going. Gas stations there were selling 92 octane gas for $2.54 a gallon. When we got home that evening, 92 octane gas was selling for $3.76 a gallon at our local 711. On the way to Bisbee, we stopped at a Flying J north of Tucson and put 81 gallons of diesel in the RV. It would have cost more than $100.00 more to fill up in San Diego. More than a $100.00 savings - on a single fill up. Amazing!

Kev

Alpena Jeff said:
Yea Tom. We split that monster club!
We enjoyed meeting you and Theresa in KOFA last month and thanks again for having us for dinner.
Good people!
I thought you were on a diet!

That's a fantastic area. Check out Chiricahua National Monument if you get time.  Great area for birdwatching too in Madera and Ramsay Canyons.

Have fun.

This is a great neighborhood, we are loving Benson, and the towns here are nice.  There is even a town of Whetstone near here, which is fun for me, but wouldn't want to live there, not much of anything there.  Have not yet been to Bisbee, but on the short list for the next couple weeks, we leave here for West Yellowstone in 3 weeks.

garyb1st said:

Remember Arizona has a annual Vehicle License tax (I think it's about 2.9% of "depreciated" value as determined by the state) in addition to Income taxes and Property
taxes.

That part is what is holding me back a bit.  How long per year do you have to be out of state to avoid having to be permanent resident?

Ken & Sheila said:
Remember Arizona has a annual Vehicle License tax (I think it's about 2.9% of "depreciated" value as determined by the state) in addition to Income taxes and Property
taxes.

That looked reasonable until I applied it to our 14 year old motorhome.  More than twice as much.  I take it your new ride is not registered in AZ.  BTW, congratulations on the Newmar.  Did you and your buds get multi-motorhome discounts?  ;)

Back
Top Bottom