suburban furnace SF-30f

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

august

I am have trouble keeping my furnace running, It fires off and runs as it should on the bench, after re installing it back into the trailer it runs for a while and then locks out. it is my understanding the flame sensor is the same as the igniter, the igniter works, but can there be an issue with the flame sensor part of it? Also why will it work on the bench but fail in the trailer? Thanks for any help at all.

Yes, the flame sensor is also the igniter, but if it works on the bench, both of those are fine.  You need to focus on what changes when you re-install:

1. DC voltage may be less
2. Air flow from the fan and over the sail switch may be reduced (low voltage or air intake/flow problem
3. Combustion air in/out is reduced or flow is disrupted (furnace is very sensitive to these)
4. If the bench test uses a different propane source, could be the gas pressure or volume

Does the igniter spark but the burner fails to light? If so, #1 & #2 are OK and the likely problem is #3.
I've written an article on Furnace Troubleshooting for the RVForum Library - see Furnace Troubleshooting.
The article uses an Atwood furnace as an illustration, but the Suburban is near identical.

Back
Top Bottom