Coach Net vs Good Sams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sc4668

My Good Sams ERS expired 1 April and am thinking of going with Coach Net. Any Pro's or Con's. Will be for my Fifth wheel. Also there is a block on the sign up page for a discount code. Does anyone know if there is one for April.

Coach Net for me.  They have never let me down and I have given them plenty of opportunities.  Good Sam - I had them - never used it but I am sort of unhappy with the whole organization.

Thanks for the reply's now also looking at FMCA to compare all three. I have had Good Sams for almost 20 years and only used once. I just want to not support anything to do with Camping World.

We have Coach Net, and haven't had to use it yet (thankfully).  I've heard nothing but good reviews.  That, and the fact that Good Sam will DESTROY your inbox with spam made the decision an easy one.

Used Coach Net twice and absolutely LOVE it.  And it covers ALL my vehicles.  One call was a dead car battery at the grocery store.

I should expand a bit on Coach Net's responses:  1 - a flat tire caused by the valve stem extension being torn from it's mounting - this was in the wilds of Ontario, Canada and the tire company response was a 50 mile trip but arrived within two hours of calling Coach Net.  2 - a total transmission failure and a 50 mile tow not to the next wrench bender but to an authorized Allison tranny shop.  3 - A road mechanic visit to an RV park to replace a engine mounted AC compressor.  Thanks to Coach Net the guy arrived with the correct parts and the knowledge to do the job fast.  4 - A dual tire failure (two new tires) that only made it one mile out of storage. The Coach Net guy had two new tires delivered and installed in what seemed like record time.  One thing I really like about their service is that they have a knowledgeable person call you to get the exact details of the problem in order to allow them to bring out the correct parts.  I have had one other call but for the life of me I can't remember it.

I've been towed three times over the last 15 years by Coachnet.  The first time I was coming out of Mesquite Campground in northern Death Valley and blew an oil seal on the rear axle, soaking the brakes on that side.  I drove to a turnout that happened to have a cell phone signal and called Coachnet.  They loaded the motorhome on a flatbed trailer and I followed them in my toad 85 miles to a shop in Pahrump.

The next time was a couple of years later when the Ford in-tank fuel pump failed just outside Gillette, WY.  The engine would idle but wouldn't produce enough power to crest the last hill before the town.  This time CoachNet sent a heavy duty conventional tow truck, disconnected the drive shaft and towed the motorhome into town.

The last time was about 10 years ago when I was about 20 miles outside Lander, WY climbing a steep grade and the tube carrying exhaust gasses from the exhaust manifold to the EGR valve failed.  The exhaust got really loud and hot gasses charred the underside of the driver side wood floor before I got the engine shut down.  Again, Coachnet sent a conventional heavy duty tow truck, disconnected the driveshaft and towed the motorhome into town.

All three shops completed the repairs quickly (the same day or the next day if they had to order parts) and at reasonable prices.

On a fourth occasion I used their free telephone technical assistance line to find a shop in Los Angeles to do a routine brake job on the motorhome.  I didn't need a tow, but they called ahead and made an appointment just as if I was being towed in.  When I got to the shop they were ready to do the work and got me in and out in a couple of hours.  The owner told me they usually have a couple of weeks backlog for appointments but give priority to CoachNet because of their continuing referrals.

Lou Schneider said:

"
On a fourth occasion I used their free telephone technical assistance line to find a shop in Los Angeles to do a routine brake job on the motorhome.  I didn't need a tow, but they called ahead and made an appointment just as if I was being towed in.  When I got to the shop they were ready to do the work and got me in and out in a couple of hours.  The owner told me they usually have a couple of weeks backlog for appointments but give priority to CoachNet because of their continuing referrals."

That's GREAT!!  Getting service that quick is pretty rare these days.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinbad
Back
Top Bottom