How much does a TPMS really cost?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John From Detroit

Well, I've told of how the first trip out with the Pressure Pro system it found a slow leak in a tire, saved me from what could have been a big bill. (no damage even the tire was saved)

Happened again: I went out to my "Ham shack" (Hams call the radio room the "Ham Shack" Even if it cost 100,000 or more :) ) and the tire pressure alarm was very well alarmed, A glance at it showed the Right Rear tire on the towed was F!L!A!LT!!! I mean ---PSI

Went out and looked at the tire on the towed..  Display was dead on ---PSI (000) flatter than a pancake.

Now, this was not endangering the car as I'd have discovered it before doing secondary damage but the R R tire is the one I'm most likely to overlook when walking toward the car to go somewhere.. So at the least the alarm saved me a tire.  And tires are not cheap either.

Nice pressure pro.. Good job Pressure pro.  Keep up the good work Pressure Pro.  THANK YOU PRESSURE PRO.

Ron said:
I know that in our case the Pressure Pro has save us much more than the system cost.
Ron --

How long have you had yours?  I was reading that the batteries on the sensors last 2-3 years and are not user-replacable.  You have to send the sensors in for replacement.  Do you know what that costs?

KodiakRV said:
Ron --

How long have you had yours?  I was reading that the batteries on the sensors last 2-3 years and are not user-replacable.  You have to send the sensors in for replacement.  Do you know what that costs?

Somewhere close to two years. Yes to insure reliability batteries are not user replaceable.  However getting replacement sensors will cost around $20 -$25 if I recall.  I am sure Bernie will confirm what the cost will be.  The last time the Pressure Pro alarm activated it for sure save us the cost of a tire and likely more.  Pretty reasonable insurance IMHO.  Plus the comfort of knowing your tires are being monitored is worth a bunch.

KodiakRV said:
Ron --

Kodiak

My sensors are over 4 years old and still going strong. I haven't heard of any going yet. However, when it does happen, the factory will replace the sensor with a new sensor and battery for about $20-25, about the cost of the battery alone.

I thought they said 10 bucks Bernie, or is that 20 with priority shipping (Sounds about right)

I"ve had mine 2 years. got them from Bernie in fact... but it's going to be a lot of years before they start costing me since as I said, first trip down the road they saved me more than they cost, and again today they saved me money and I'm sure I'll get "Screwed" (or Nailed, Or bolted or.. Well you get the picture) again some day.

John In Detroit said:
I thought they said 10 bucks Bernie, or is that 20 with priority shipping (Sounds about right)

John

I've never heard $10. $15-25 yes, but not $10. The factory is trying to keep the price down as much as possible, so we'll see what it works out when batteries start to go.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom