Condensation..or a leak?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mindyburd

We live full time in 2000 Dutchman supreme,
Windows were filling with water..googled it and the
Drain holes were clogged..that's alot of
Condensation!
I have water droplets forming on the ceilings of my slides..inside. At times it runs down the walls...
Is this condensation or a leak?
I've not been using anything for the humidity because..well I just learned about it with the windows.

Most likely it is condensation seeing that there are 3 people living full time in the RV.  When cooking, make sure you run the vent fan above the stove and you can crack open a window. When showering turn on the ceiling exhaust fan in the bathroom. That should make a huge difference. When flushing the toilet, turn off the bathroom fan. If you don't, there's a chance you'll suck up some of the smell from your black tank.

You have to remember RV's were never designed to live in full-time. Although a LOT of people do live in them. The tips that Rene gave are right on the money. Some people get De-humidifiers to help control the humidity levels.

I'm assuming you are in a cold climate at this time. Water tends to condensate on the windows more when the RV is warm and the outside air is a lot colder

If it happens after a rain storm, it is a leak
Why not spray a hose on it and on the main roof on a dry day and see what happens?

Jack L

Back
Top Bottom