Roof repair cheap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mindyburd

So...my backlot beauty has ..well I look in the closest and I can see daylight in the corners of the closet.
And last month I found a frozen sock..lce and all carpet is wet along the back seam but no water running down the walls. Is this one issue or two and  anyone willing to offer a roof fix that's cheap and affective?
If there isn't one... what's the best way to repair the roof?
Thanks!

You would need to get up on the roof and check all the seams for caulking which is all cracked but if you're seeing daylight, that's not good. They sell a product called Eternabond tape for sealing joints and it could be used for plugging up holes. If the seams are bad, use a scrapper and get rid of the bad caulking and apply a self leveling caulking like DICOR. That's only used for horizontal surfaces.  They also have one for vertical surfaces.

Yeah - a lot more info is needed to help - but it sounds like you have a problem there.  Pictures / make / model and year would also help.

Good luck!
-Kyle

While your trying to figure out how to fix the problem...........

See if you can cover it with a trap to prevent further damage.

2000 Dutchman supreme 5th wheel.
Can't give picture they are to big and I haven't a clue how to fix it lol.
I have duct taped a lovely blue tarp on the top for the time being...at least untill I can get repair supplies.
Thanks for the info!

Mindyburd said:
2000 Dutchman supreme 5th wheel.
Can't give picture they are to big and I haven't a clue how to fix it lol.
I have duct taped a lovely blue tarp on the top for the time being...at least untill I can get repair supplies.
Thanks for the info!

Good deal the tarp may buy you a little time.

If your using a computer to post you can use paint to resize the pictures....Open the picture in paint and in the left corner is a button that lets you resize the picture.

If your using a phone email to yourself and it will resize it for you....So I'm told.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom