Main DC fuse or circuit blown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TWSchroeder

My slideout caused a problem. The slideout is not the purpose of this question however as I think I have figured it out.

At any rate, my Dewald Power Gear slideout failed to stop trying to retract. While the hydraulic motor was whining (as it continued to run even though the slide out was already in) the motorhome lights blink on and off about 2 or 3 times and then finally went off and stayed off. I was running entirely off of the house battery when all this happened. Hopefully, I blew some kind of fuse or circuit breaker, though I am not sure which one or where to find it. Any ideas? The only one I thought of was the one with the battery but I fiddled with it and nothing changed though I was not positive how those breakers work.

2000 Gulf Stream Yellowstone, Class C, Ford E450.

Thank you.

The slide out motor/pump should have its own fuse and generally should not affect other things like lights. There might be a larger main fuse on the battery plus cable - it would be a large cartridge of flat bar type fuse, at least 100A.  Most 12v circuits are fuses rather than circuit breakers.

I don't know where Dutchmen puts their fuse box - look under the dash or on the fire wall above the engine

It's possible that someone put too big of a a fuse on the slide that would prevent it from bringing down the entire house battery system.  Can you find the fuse for the slide and pull it, then find the "overall" fuse and replace it?

Make,model, year of RV might help.

Sadly, fuses are not ALL located in the fuse panel so it can take some detective work....

-Kyle

Thanks, Kyle. I am still looking for the fuses. Tomorrow I'll chec under the hood. There seems to be some sort iof breaker in the battery compartment but I am not yet familiar with how it works.

I gave the vehicle info in my OP.

2000 Ford E450, Gulf Stream Yellowstone class C.

Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom