Roadtrek warranty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VWestgate

I own a 2015 Roadtrek SS Agile. Does anyone have any info on our warranty status given Roadtrek being under receivership ?
I called the dealer I purchased from and he sounded vague on even his promise to cover warranty work for a van I purchased from him even as far as any "in house" work that might need to be done?? Anyone have suggestions or can tell us their experience with potential warranty work while Erwin Hymer figures out what they plan on doing?

As I understand the situation, the entirety of Erwin Hymer's assets were sold to Thor excluding those assets that belonged to Erwin Hymer North America.  The North America operating unit then filed for receivership under Canadian law since it was an Ontario-based business.  So the issue isn't with "what Erwin Hymer is going to do"; it's up to the courts.

According to this Notice to Creditors issued by the Bankruptcy Court in February, the North American unit has assets of ~$120M (Canadian $) against liabilities of ~$273M (Canadian $).  https://www.alvarezandmarsal.com/sites/default/files/canada/notice_to_creditors_2.pdf

No doubt any warranty "reserve" would be part of those liabilities.  The Court says that it is "looking for potential purchasers", but that will be a time-consuming process and, quite possibly, a purchaser would seek to free itself of entanglements such as warranty obligations. 

I hate to sound pessimistic but I wouldn't hold out too much hope for your warranty.

Roadtrek is in the process of being purchased by the European RV company, Rapido. They have said they will honor existing warranties once they are up and operating again. The Hymer brands are part of Thor now, so it seems unlikely warranties on those would be honored by Rapido.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom