Topper replacement material for a Carefree topper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
I need to replace my topper material when I get home. I found there are 2 manufacturers and I called them. Both companies sell the vinyl. My topper is made by Carefree.

The 1st one was by Tough Top. For a 83" wide topper, 15 oz. it would be $149.00.

I then called Stone Vos. Theirs is a 19 oz. material and it would cost $220.00.

I'm wondering if anyone has any input as to whether it's worth paying the extra $70.00 for the extra 4 oz.

Are there any other suppliers out there I could call.

Tough top all the way.  Remember, the heavier material could cause problems when it rolls up.  The extra weight could make it hard for the spring to roll.  BTW Toughtop sells two different weights of material.

Probably not, but ToughTop offers top notch material, attractive prices, and fast delivery.

You can get fabric from Carefree or Dometic as well, but the stuff from the two you listed are fine.  I replaced one topper with ToughTop material but would probably use Stone Vos if doing it again. The ToughTop is certainly ok, but the Stone Vos is a bit more upscale in quality and appearance.  Whether it is worth +$70 is probaby in the eye of the beholder, though.

I had mine replaced about 6 months ago, the Amish made them from the material they use on the Amish buggy's.  The work was done by Kevin Mallory of cruising America RV Service in Celina, OH.  They are doing very well and the material feels and looks better than the orginal toppers.

wincom6 said:
I had mine replaced about 6 months ago, the Amish made them from the material they use on the Amish buggy's.  The work was done by Kevin Mallory of cruising America RV Service in Celina, OH.  They are doing very well and the material feels and looks better than the orginal toppers.

I'll have to see if I can find a number for them. Do they ship?

wincom6 said:
I don't know if he will ship them but you can call Kevin at 419.852.0791

Cruising America RV Service
KEVIN MALLORY
EMAIL 
Kevin Mallory

[email protected]

I called them and I would be able to order over the phone. My problem is that I want to see a sample of the material and compare it to the other 2 manufactures. The person said that would be a little difficult because he would have to drive 35 miles to the Amish area to get a sample and he didn't want to do that so I guess I'll forget about them.

wincom6 said:

wincome6,
I just called Kevin and he finally has some samples. He's sending me a piece to compare. How are yours holding up? Do you know how they compare to others as far as weight, are the edges double stitched and what is the warrantee. I'm also going to get prices from Stone Vos and Tough Top?

Sorry for the slow answer, I'm on the road and have not checked in lately. It's hard to compare mine with any other than the original ones that I had. The Amish topers material is defiantly a heaver material and it's double stitched. I think they move less when the wind blows.  Other than that only time will tell. I'm very confident that I will never need to worry about replacing them. Good luck

wincom6 said:
Sorry for the slow answer, I'm on the road and have not checked in lately. It's hard to compare mine with any other than the original ones that I had. The Amish topers material is defiantly a heaver material and it's double stitched. I think they move less when the wind blows.  Other than that only time will tell. I'm very confident that I will never need to worry about replacing them. Good luck

Thanks for the reply.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom