Storage for a Tent Trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hamvandal

New to the RV Forum Community - We recently bought a used Coleman/Fleetwood Sun Ridge. I have a 24 x 36 enclosed pole barn with gravel floors. A very small amount of moisture seeps up from the ground (Oregon) and there is a small leak in the big skylight on the roof. My question is, since I have the space and ability to do so, do I leave the trailer open in the shop year round or is it best stored in the closed position? Will the canvas, beds and seating areas attract and hold moisture. I suppose no more so than camping right and therefore just a preference??? Any thoughts advice would be greatly appreciated. Picture attached.

Attachments

• IMG_5209.jpg
    IMG_5209.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 13
Welcome to the RV Forum hamvandal

I would say leave it set up to avoid the musty smell. It also makes it easier for you when you need to hide from everyone :D

I would store it closed, to prevent damage to the canvas. As long as it's dry when closed up, it's not going to "attract" moisture.

We kept our pop-up in the garage when not used, never had any moisture problems. If it had rained during a campout, we set it up in the driveway until everything was thoroughly aired out and dry, then closed it and put it in the garage.

We have a coleman pop up and keep it in a pole barn that is open on the front and on one side has a open door and a large open window area. We keep it set up but with the door closed and the canvas zipped up.
This way we don't get any musty smell in it

Jack L

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom