2006 Simba Safari electrical dash issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kerry Twamley

I have a 2006 Simba Safari on a workhorse chassis and while driving down the road intermittently the dash goes crazy and starts beeping. All The indicators flip to off for a few seconds driving me crazy. Every light on the dash lights up and then it goes back to normal.....might not do it again for days.
Anyone have any idea or have had this happen before?

have a computer diagnostics done. My 03 Buick LA Saber did that. Body control Module was bad. $149.00 fix.  It will only get worse.

Read up on the Workhorse Actia Dash issues, I don't know if this is one of the known issues, but it may well be.  Brazels / Ultra RV Products offers some dash display repair / replacement services on these.

It sounds like a momentary power loss, e.g. a lose wire somewhere. However, the Workhorse ACTIA dash has known problems and this may be a symptom. Do the research that Isaac suggests.

My dash did a similar thing once. One time when I was driving I accidentally hit the battery tie switch (emergency start, in case of dead engine battery.)  Everything did just as you described and then went back to normal, and has never happened again.  I am more careful when reaching for switches now. 

The only reason I bring this up is I was thinking that after reading your issue, if you have a loose connection in that switch or wiring while going down the road and hit a bump could this cause your issue? or the solenoid it operates is going bad?  The switch momentarily connects the house 12v battery to the engine 12v battery.  Going down the road my RV engine charges both batteries via two different paths, obviously momentarily connecting these two charging paths from the same source is bad for the your alternator.  This thinking just made me think maybe your alternator is having intermittent failure, precursor of possible future failure.  That is easy enough to check just take it to one the the car parts stores and have them test the engine battery and charging system.  Since the problem is intermittent it may not present itself while they are testing and be inconclusive.

A long shot and ball parking here and most likely not your issue, as Gary and the others have said.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom