Washer/Dryer Combo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BernieD said:
John

The D/W the factory installed in our coach was a Kenmore apartment sized model. Fit right in where the W/D was. it uses 7 gallons per load but does a day or two's load.

7 gallons per load.... I think my heater is either six or eight... Either way 7 is close enough  That would work... I may suggest it to the wife as we get more familure with the rig.    There are other reasons I'd like a dishwasher too but I'd rather not type them

We also have the Splendide 2100 and my wife would not be without it, even though the load size is small and it takes a while on the dry cycle.  The only problem we had was due to the unit not being leveled properly - Newmar took care of that problem and everything is now OK.  The only time we use a laundromat is for cleaning the throw rugs.

Ours is also the Splendide 2100. It takes some practice to get used to the smaller load but oit effectively does almost as well as our home equipment. You get wrinkles when exceeding that small load size. We carry a travel iron and have needed it only once. It surely beats sitting around in a laundermat.

Considering that a home drier runs off 220 versus the Splendide's 120, the Splendide is a marvel.

Sue is one that wanted the space. We had a vented Splendide in our Pace Arrow and I thought we would add one to the Tradewinds but so far she enjoys the closet space.

We used it only for small loads that did not avoid the necessity of a trip to the laundromat.

Bob

>>It surely beats sitting around in a laundermat.<<

We go to the laundromat once every 20 days, done in 1 1/2 hrs & get 1-2 magazines read to boot.

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

Terry I agree with you.  Sometimes the convenience of a washer/dryer in the coach would be nice but the storage space it takes up would be way to much.  I go to the laundromat and am done in 1 1/2 hrs and also get lots of reading done.

Terry A. Brewer said:
We go to the laundromat once every 20 days, done in 1 1/2 hrs & get 1-2 magazines read to boot.

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

Terry

Exactly Marlene's feelings, that's why we had the factory pull out the W/D and replace it with a dishwasher. use that every day or two.

I wonder if the answer to this question is different for fulltimers v part timers? I can see that fulltimers might need more storage space, while part timers probably wouldn't have as much laundry on short trips.

We definitely get a lot of use out of the washer/dryer combo in our coach, but it would be clearly inadequate for us for fulltime use. The inability to wash/dry lots of towels at the same time is one issue that readily comes to mind.

Tom said:
I wonder if the answer to this question is different for fulltimers v part timers? I can see that fulltimers might need more storage space, while part timers probably wouldn't have as much laundry on short trips.

We definitely get a lot of use out of the washer/dryer combo in our coach, but it would be clearly inadequate for us for fulltime use. The inability to wash/dry lots of towels at the same time is one issue that readily comes to mind.

Tom

Not necessarily a fulltimer/part timer thing. Terry and Betty are fulltimers, while we would be considered part timers, tho we can be on the road for 4 or more months at a time. I think it is more a thing of personal preference and use of time and space. YMMV

You're right Bernie, although I know we'd be looking for more space if we fulltimed just because of the "stuff" I have which currently stays at home while we're on the road.

Come on now we all know that us guys don't really have much say in whether we have a washer/dryer, a dish washer, or the extra space.  What the lady of the house wants is what we had better want too. ;D ;D ;D In my case Sam wants a washer/dryer and we have one which we very much appreciate.

Well now we all know who wears the pants at the Ruwards  ;D

Terry A. Brewer said:
Bob

>>It surely beats sitting around in a laundermat.<<

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

I also prefer the laundermat.

Its the only place I the only place I go where I meet 'real' people as my wife does not all me to frequent bars.

Also, it the the only place I get a chance to read the 'real magazines' like Star and National Enquirer other than the checkout line at 7Eleven and I am not that fast of a reader in my old age.

Seriously though, I do find the laundermat a place in RV parks where I get some good info and the straight scoop on what is going on.

Bob

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom