Something really weird happened the other day.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
We had a MH home pull into the site next to us and they were also from NH. That night I caught them going out for a walk. They stopped near the front of my rig and was reading the sign mounted on the front. It has our name and town/state we live in. As he was looking, I asked him where they were from in NH. He was looking at the sign and he said in the form of a question and said Farmington NH. I said yes we are from Farmington NH where are you guys from and they said Farmington NH. Who would have thought.
Wait, It get's crazier.
I then asked what road they lived on and he said Ten Rod Road which is the road we live on.
Apparently his brother lives on my road about 1 mile north of us. These guys were full timers and they have all their mail sent to his brothers house. 
They were going to be heading north in a few weeks and will be staying the summer in a CG about 5 miles from us.  They lived in a S&B about 10 miles from us before they sold everything and went full time. We got to talking and we both new several people in that town.
It's a small world. This will never happen again.

In 1959 we moved from Elgin Illinois to Oxnard California. My dad went to work at Raytheon and he played Bridge in a lunch time game. Turns out his partner used to live in Palatine Illinois. We lived in Palatine Illinois too before we lived in Elgin. Turns out he lived on the same street as us in Oxnard only a block away.

When I drove up to Washington from Oxnard in 1967 we stopped in Portland to visit a friend named
Dennis, who used to live in Oxnard. We went to his house and knocked on the door and got no answer. We had his address but not his phone number. So we left a message and told him we would stop by on the way home in a few days. We leave his house and are driving across the Columbia River and he pulls up next to us waving. We stopped at the first off ramp and had breakfast. He had not seen the note, he just happened to be crossing the bridge and recognized my 67 Cougar 1000 miles from home.

One fine day in 1988 I drove down from Ventura California to Van Nuys (60 miles) to apply for a loan. I parked in the parking garage of the building I was going to and walked over to the elevator and pushed the button. The elevator doors opened a few seconds later and I was staring at my room mate. I said I thought he worked in Pasadena (also 60 miles from Ventura and 20 miles from Van Nuys. He said he did, he was in Van Nuys on business.

Those are three totally off the wall coincidences that I can remember. Way too cool.

Last year we went on a 10 day cruise. We were in the elevator one night going back to our stateroom and there was another couple in the same elevator and we started making small talk. Come to find out they lived in Me. and only about 15 miles from our house. One of his hobbies was growing those super large pumpkins. He also had a friend who lives on the same road as us and lives about 1/2 mile away and also grows those large pumpkins.

I live in Pennsylvania and posted a comment on an electrical forum. I was contacted by a forum reader from Torrance, CA about the post and I mentioned an old neighbor also lived in Torrance. He wrote back that he knew him.  He used the guy's nickname and I was convinced  he really did know him.

SeilerBird said:
...When I drove up to Washington from Oxnard in 1967 we stopped in Portland to visit a friend named
Dennis, who used to live in Oxnard. We went to his house and knocked on the door and got no answer. We had his address but not his phone number. So we left a message and told him we would stop by on the way home in a few days. We leave his house and are driving across the Columbia River and he pulls up next to us waving. We stopped at the first off ramp and had breakfast. He had not seen the note, he just happened to be crossing the bridge and recognized my 67 Cougar 1000 miles from home...

Now days if someone waves to you as you are going across the Interstate Bridge it won't be with all fingers or they will be waving a 9mm.

My siblings and I were raised in Mpls MN. My brother went to college in Denver, CO.  My sister went to college in Omaha, NE where she made a lifelong friend from Pittsburgh, PA.

20 years later, unbeknownst to anyone, this friend's NOW ex-husband bought the house right next door to my brother in Davis, CA. 

I couldn't make it up if I tried.

I bet it does happen again!

Bit like the Kevin Bacon stuff:

By studying billions of electronic messages, Microsoft worked out that any two strangers are, on average, distanced by precisely 6.6 degrees of separation. In other words, putting fractions to one side, you are linked by a string of seven or fewer acquaintances to Madonna, the Dalai Lama and the Queen. The news will come as no surprise to film buffs who for years have been playing the parlour game Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, in which they link other actors to Bacon in six films or fewer.

We were up on the Mogollon Rim AZ and the young lad writing out our fishing licences said "oh you are Scottish" and I said "yes, well done as many people don't get the accent right" (most folk think we are either Australian ???? or Irish).  He said "yes my mum is Scottish" so we ask where she is from, and he responds that it is a small town and we probably wouldn't know it.  "Try us" we said.  Turns out his mum lived in the same town that Steve was born in.  Steve didn't know her but we are fairly sure his mum would have.

It is indeed a small world, becoming smaller because of social media too.....

While in the AF I was stationed at King Salmon, AK. King Salmon is a small air base at the top of the Aleutian Islands on the Naknek River and Bristol Bay. Only two ways to get there, barge or plane. I was made roommate with another young SSgt and as folks do we started grilling one another about our lives. I said I was from Daytona Beach and he said he was from Tampa. I told him my cousin lived in Tampa. I mentioned my cousin roasted a pig every year for Christmas in his backyard. He said his wife?s neighbor used to do the same thing. He he asked me what my cousins name was. I told him and he said my cousin was his wife?s next door neighbor.

My wife and I took a military hop out of Dover, DE going to Germany one year. We were trying to get to Italy to see our son for Christmas. We made it to Italy which is another long story. However, on our way back home we were waiting for seats to open up on a C-5 heading most anywhere on the East Coast. We were in the waiting lounge of the the terminal and my wife said she recognized a man sitting across from us. I said I don?t think that?s who you think it is. I said the woman with him is not his wife. She got up and said to him that he looked like someone we knew in San Antonio, TX. He said he was and this was his new wife as his previous wife had passed away. His daughter actually lived with us for a short period of time on base at Lackland AFB.

Reminds me of a song or spoken word piece where the man travels the world looking for the perfect young lady. finally he meets her and they get around to where do you live.

Well she names the city she calls home.  (Same as his) the street (Same as his) and the apartment number  4B.. his address is 4C she is literally the girl next door.

This happened around 1997, and I had been in Wyoming since 1985. My wife and I were, over the road, owner/operator truck drivers. I tend to watch license plates when driving....we were west bound on I-90, somewhere near Spokane, Wa. when I saw a vehicle and a pop-up camper pass us. I saw Louisiana plates, and commented to my wife about it....as I rarely see vehicles from my home state. Soon, they were out of sight. A little while later, we saw a sign for a rest stop, so, I pulled in to stretch our legs and take care of business. As I was walking back to the truck, I saw the same car and pop-up.

They were standing around talking with some other folks, but, I walked over to say hello anyway. Of course the topic of where ya from immediately came up. Simultaneously, they responded....he saying Baton Rouge as she was saying Zachary (a small town north of Baton Rouge).  I was a little stunned, as I was from Zachary. With further conversation, we found out that his parents lived right across the street from my father. His little brother and mine graduated together.  Sometimes, it can be a rather small world!

When I was with AT&T in Albuquerque, I went to a company school and discovered that the instructor was a guy that I had been in class with when I was in Air Force tech school. A number of years later, after I'd been transferred to the Denver area, I worked with another guy that I'd been in the Air Force with working on B-47s.

Yes, it's a small world.

Our first trip,we only went about an hour away.  It was a Halloween weekend so kids were making the rounds.  I see this group coming and think how one looks familiar.  It wasn't her though,it was her daughter!  But her mom was with them and gave me a quite a start.  She and I had been friends since diaper stage.  She moved away and I hadn't seen her in years.  She lives about an hour from the campground too.  I'm still thinking that's a pretty big coincidence.

A couple of years ago, after we'd been full time for 2 years, we went back to Arkansas for the winter.  Camped in a COE park close to our house(now a rent house).  After the first week I was standing at the entry booth paying for another week when a couple in a Class A pulled up to the gate.  Pulled behind the RV was the Jeep I had sold him(thought Facebook Marketplace)about a year earlier.  I've still got a picture of my old Jeep(now his)and my newer one parked side by side.

While hosting at the Grand Canyon, I noticed a camper's Arkansas license tag.  Upon starting a conversation, I discovered he was a doctor from Batesville, AR.  After a bit more talk, I discovered that he is a doctor in the same office as the doc who did my wife's shoulder replacement...he was the knee guy at the office.

Small world indeed.

I was working as a summer student for Parks Canada. Jim and I were assigned to the pickup following the highway striping truck, we waited for the paint to dry, picked up the cones then caught up to the truck to return them. As you can imagine we had a LOT of time on our hands. We talked about our backgrounds and where we wanted to go. One day I said I think I have heard some of this before, do you know so and so? He said yeah, he's my uncle. Jim is my second cousin. ;D
I met another cousin for the first time at work, I knew about her but had never met the family.

Great stories! About 7 or 8 years ago we we camping in Old Forge, NY (the Adirondacks) and the afternoon of our last day there I walked to the dumpster with some trash. On the way back, I waited for someone backing into a site. As his head went back and forth from mirror to mirror, he looked my way, we each gave a polite wave but then did a double-take! It was a friend of mine from college. He only lives about 2 hours from me but we had not seen each other in about 5 years. His wife was not coming until the next day so the 3 of us hung out at our camper while all the kids (we have 2 girls and he has 3) all hung out at his camper.

Rene, by chance did this happen in the Clearwater, Florida area, if so I might have met the same couple 2 weeks ago in Louisiana?

Isaac-1 said:
Rene, by chance did this happen in the Clearwater, Florida area, if so I might have met the same couple 2 weeks ago in Louisiana?

It happened in Lakeland which is about 60 miles from Clearwater.  I don't remember where they were coming from.

They did tell us about a mishap they had last year I believe when they were headed to Alaska. The MH was involved in a accident and was totaled. The MH they have now was new.

jackiemac said:
Bit like the Kevin Bacon stuff:

By studying billions of electronic messages, Microsoft worked out that any two strangers are, on average, distanced by precisely 6.6 degrees of separation. In other words, putting fractions to one side, you are linked by a string of seven or fewer acquaintances to Madonna, the Dalai Lama and the Queen. The news will come as no surprise to film buffs who for years have been playing the parlour game Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, in which they link other actors to Bacon in six films or fewer.

It is indeed a small world, becoming smaller because of social media too.....

6.6 degrees of separations....Hmm
Kevin Bacon...This was discussed a while back...And it was discovered I have no Bacon :-[

Madonna...Don't care
Dalai Lama...Could be interesting
The Queen...If she knew me She would swear it has to be at least 12 degrees

Now what would be interesting...

How many degrees of separation exist between myself and OldGator73 ;D ;D

Back
Top Bottom