RV Sites Seasonal Rates, most economical option?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVngfamily

Hello All,
We just placed a deposit on our first RV(travel trailer) and had a few questions.

The RV we ended up purchasing is slightly heavier than our small SUV can tow, I didn?t put a huge emphasis on the towing as we plan on leaving it at the campsite (yet to be chosen) for the season and I can borrow a friends truck to get it down there.
The sites I?ve mainly been looking at in our state have the standard seasonal rates,we plan on using this mainly on weekends and maybe a week or two throughout the summer.. is it typical for some sites to give you a discount on the seasonal rates if you?re only going to be there limited days but didn?t want to take the RV off the premise? (Unplugged storage) I?ve been searching online but have gotten mixed results.
I?m just trying to find the most economical way of enjoying the camping without having to tow the RV all over the place.

Any input is appreciated.

No difference in when you use it. Seasonal is seasonal. Come and go as often as you wish or stay all season. You will pay extra for metered electricity. You are just renting the lot for x amount of months.

There is a huge difference in seasonal sites at different campgrounds. For example, where I am staying I pay $425 per month year round and I have signed a lease. Many people here on a different plan and I don't know the exact details. But basically I think it is a six months on and six months off. You pay a normal rate and electricity while you are there and a much lower rate on the months that you do not occupy the RV. This is very appealing for the snowbirds. There is also a storage yard here. Some people occupy the RV for many months and then store it for a few months. I believe it is $50 a month for storage. Someone could be hired locally to move the RV from the storage site a real site. Since I don't have the specifics you could call them to get more info. The Floridian in St Cloud Florida (407) 892-5171.

is it typical for some sites to give you a discount on the seasonal rates if you?re only going to be there limited days but didn?t want to take the RV off the premise? (Unplugged storage)
Campground policies vary widely, but generally the answer is NO.  You rent the site for the season; if you want to pay day-by-day, you get the daily rate instead (if there is one).  Most seasonal campgrounds charge separately for electricity (metered), so your electric costs may go down if you aren't actively using the site.

Not sure where it was, but I do remember a campground that you got the site for season, but could only use it weekends and x amount of time during summer.  You stayed plugged in, for battery charging and refrigerator, but could only occupy certain percentage.  Thinking about it, I believe it was Normandy Farms in MA.

So there are some that have the odd sort of usage agreement, and this was a long time ago and may have changed.

Back
Top Bottom