Hugesnet question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Old_Crow

Anyone with Hughesnet ever used a wifi range extender with it?  The Hughesnet box is in an office trailer, and our coach will be parked nearby.  Not sure the built-in wifi in the Hughesnet box will reach the coach, and I'd like to add an extender.  Do I need something special, or will an ordinary extender work?

On the wi-fi sider wi-fi is well there are two different wifi 2.4 and 5.0  You just need to know which one you are using. Your computer will tell you but I think Hughes uses 2.4. no point in 5.0 with their speeds.

Yes and extender should work. Probably one with external antennas and able to be put in window would work best.

zulu said:
Which HughesNET? Gen 5 or the older system?

Was going to be an older system, but due to a SNAFU somewhere it'll be a brand new Gen 5...the end of next week, 3 days after our campground with online reservations opens.  Going to be a fun week.
As it turns out, I don't think I'll need an extender.  My laptop hooks to the wifi on the old system with about 4 bars in our RV.  Now, if they just could have reactivated the old system.  I suspect it's all a ploy to increase revenue.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom