How to make a sticky window not so sticky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mijdeets

Well it's starting to warm up hear in Southern Alberta and I'm back onto this forum for another season of questions ha ha.  Year 2 of learning about trailers!  When we bought our trailer from the gentleman who was the second owner, he indicated that the kitchen window next to our dining table was sealed shut.  Over last season we discovered that we really needed that window to open so we could have air blowing through that end of the trailer.  So today I was able to pull the seal out and can now open the window! Yayyyy.  However, it is harder to pull open than I would prefer.  I assume it might be because of the dust and dirt at the bottom of the window tray where it slides and I will clean that out as best as I can.  But is there something I can spray or rub on the bottom tray or on the window to make it slide better?  I read somewhere that I probably shouldn't use WD40?  Also we are not sure why it was sealed to not open.  I'm hoping it has nothing to do with leaking but I will deal with that later if that is the case but I don't think so.  My wife kind of remembers him saying the air kept blowing out the pilot lot but I'm not sure about that.  Biggest concern now is to be able to open it without using too many muscles!

WD40 will attract more dirt.  Go get a can of silicone spray or what is commonly called dry lube.  Best thing you can use around yoir RV.

I used WD40 on my sticky windows even though a bunch of experts here told me not to. Helped a lot and did not collect dirt. I don't know where these rumors start. Certainly not by people who actually use WD40.

The BOTTOM tract may make the initial inch hard to open, but any more opening involves the side tracks, not the bottom.  Make sure they are clean and lubricated.

Thanks Grashley for that good advice.  I will definitely do that and Donn, I will be buying a can of dry silicone spray lube.  Too scared of the wd40 ha ha.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom