Moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry Dial

Starting today we are full time RV'ers, we have anew Solitude  and new truck. We have about 2 1/2 months of "shake out" and up-fitting of the RV. after that I am hoping to start moving north from the Houston Texas area. I think the first segment of the trip will be t the Denver area(kids) and then off Scotts Bluff, Mount Rushmore, crazy horse and other locations. We are planning on spending 5 months on the road and being back in Port Aransas Texas by Thanksgiving.
So does any one else do this and how much time do you spend at each stop?

Oh heck yeah. In the fall we hit the Denver area. Stopped at the Badlands, wall drug, wasta military museum, Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Rocky Mt National Park.

After staying near Denver we sometimes do Moab then goblin valley, capital reef, St George, overton nv then down to the Q.

After a month or so we head down to socal then over to Texas. Been to terlingua tx, Alpine, Padre Island, Victoria, then up north to liberty Hill and over to magnolia.

Yer gonna love it. :)

If you go on  Rvillage you can plug in all the places you have been on their map Gizmo.

Have you looked at Campendium, Free campsites.ner, RVparky, allstays Walmart locator (over night allowed or not).

Some places we stay one night, others might be 6 weeks. We don't hit RV parks very often.

Good luck to you and safe travels.

We have always enjoyed the national parks.  Utah is full of them.  I'm so jealous but at the same time happy that y'all are entering this phase of your life!
Good luck on the road.

Robin 

I have been all those places and they are all worthy destinations. I prefer to stay at least a week or a month at each location. RV parks typically charge $35 a night, $175 a week or $375 per month. So it is much cheaper to stay in one location longer, plus you get to explore the area much better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom