RV Roundtop Shelters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ray D

This has been discussed several times, but I can't find those threads. (I don't do "search" very well.)

The RV Dealer that I do most of my trading with sells these shelters, and they seem to me to fit the bill for what a few folks have said they want. They are up to 12" 6" tall, up to 44' long. A shelter of 44' goes for $1612.89. Seems quite reasonable, to me. Unfortunately, my Damon is 12' 6" tall, so I don't know if I can get under there with it.

The manufacturer is Jewett-Cameron. Their website is http://www.jewettcameron.com/ 

I would guess that they sell mostly through dealers.

Opinions?

Ray D  ;D

I don't think we would ever want a shelter for the RV.  If I was going to do anything it would be a full Garage like Jerry has.

Ray D:

We have an engineered shade structure. It is on a medium grade (elevation) concrete driveway.

To make sure it fit I had it built 14" at the top of the grade. The roof is level, and the usable height at the bottom of the grade is 14'10".  These are measured heights from finished floor elevation to main metal (tube steel) holding the roof.

Sportscoach says the height of our motor home, including the dome sat dish, is 12'6".

I have a measured 1"4" clearance when parked under the shade structure. You can do the math.

My advice to you: don't buy the horse until you have saddled it. (or parked under it)  Maybe your RV dealer has sold a similar model shelter to someone in your town. Perhaps they would let you pull under it and see.

Good luck buddy, parking in a shelter is worth the hunt.

Kerry

The height is no problem because it's so easy to adjust.  As you know when you build a substantial patio cover that is built onto your house (not an aluminum one) you need (at least in LV) a 12" X 12" or more cement foundation to which the outer 4 X 4 or 6 x 6 posts are attached.  This of course ensures that the wood does touch the ground (no rot) and that the posts can support the roof. 

All you need to do is build 4 or 6 (if needed) of these pilings.  They probably would go 12" down into the ground and them go up 12" above the ground level in order to give you that extra foot of height. 

In that way the posts of your new MH cover would be placed on top of these flat topped cement 12" X 12" foundations.

If you do it, get the 44 foot long one or you'll kick yourself later! 

It's easy!

JerryF

All of them certainly sturdier than the canvas "building." Probably more expensive, too. I am a ways off from doing this.

Ray D  ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom