I had my Class A totaled.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a tough one, sure glad your insurance took care of you.

What was the make and model, perhaps others with the same RV could benefit from your tragedy and find a way to prevent it from happening to their unit. 

Kevin Means said:
Really sorry to hear that, but thanks for sharing the experience with us. Many years ago, I had (almost) the exact same thing happen to us when I was filling our tank wth a garden hose. I got distracted, and by the time I remembered, the expanding tank had lifted the bed about two feet (it was hinged.) It had ripped the tank's hold-down straps out of the floor and turned a 70 gallon tank into a 75 gallon tank. When I yanked the hose out of the filler spout, water shot out like a fire hose for about a minute.
So you are the guy that invented the waterbed  ;D ;D

Gary, It was a hard tank below the frame.
I am glad I am not the only one here to leave the water on.
The rig was a Coachmen 2008 Aurora. There was evidence that possible the underbelly has stuff replaced before I bought it. Perhaps the Tank was replaced and not installed properly.Either way its gone.
The wife and I ave decided to  buy a travel trailer for now. Then we retire in a few years I will get another.

RVMommaTo6 said:
Wow!!! I'm still learning, I've never hooked up to water before, so this makes me nervous!

You need to go though all the motions of camping before you hit the road.

The first rule for filling your water is stay focus on the water. If someone or something interrupts the process..TURN OFF THE WATER.

I'm going to do a practice run at a campground right down the road. We're going to spend a night and do full hook ups so we can go through the motions and make sure we understand everything. Then once everything is good, we'll try a weekend somewhere further.

RVMommaTo6 said:
I'm going to do a practice run at a campground right down the road. We're going to spend a night and do full hook ups so we can go through the motions and make sure we understand everything. Then once everything is good, we'll try a weekend somewhere further.
Good idea, the kids will love it!

RVMommaTo6 said:
Oh, also, I read the manual like it's a Bible. I check it and double check it before touching anything lol
:))  I always have tried to teach my kids (young adults now) to read manuals.  It seems they are always an afterthought.  grrr.  And read it like a Bible, if only we were 1/2 good following the Bible.  ;)

When I am filling my tank, I just open the hose to a trickle and walk away, several hours later it is coming out the gravity fill and vent.  I do fill from the city connection by cracking the fill valve so it is a SLOW deliberate process filling.  If I have to fill fast, I stand by and watch the tank and overflow like a hawk.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom