DirecTv Call Center

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arcticfox2005

Are all of DirecTv call centers located in India?

I received a lengthy email from DirecTv regarding DNS and needed a question answered.

Every agent I was connected to (5 in all) was Indian and could not answer even the most basic question without putting me on hold so that they could consult their "reference materials".

What is going on??????

Bill

DirecTV is terrible in support and billing.
If you can't get the DNS most likely ATT domain server.
You can use other dns service and may get surprised that it can resolve much quicker.

Google Public DNS:

Primary: 8.8.8.8
Secondary: 8.8.4.4

OpenDNS

Primary: 208.67.222.222
Secondary: 208.67.220.220

Cloudflare

Primary: 1.1.1.1
Secondary: 1.0.0.1

arcticfox2005 said:
Are all of DirecTv call centers located in India?

I received a lengthy email from DirecTv regarding DNS and needed a question answered.

Every agent I was connected to (5 in all) was Indian and could not answer even the most basic question without putting me on hold so that they could consult their "reference materials".

What is going on? ??? ??

Bill

DNS, are you referring to Distant Network Services?

I agree that Directv technical assistance has gone way down hill since ATT took over.

I just received a notice from DirecTv that I had to upgrade my DNS files. I don't remember when I filled out the last ones. Been thinking of getting a differen't system. I believe it is time to cancel my account.

I got the same email that judway is referring to. One of the agents I talked to said (I think) that I was not being charged for DNS. Yet, my monthly bill has a charge of $15 for Network Package. I cannot get an answer as to what that is.

Can anyone explain?

I worked for Hughes/DirecTV for 10 years and even I had horrible service with them as an employee.  I quit 15 years ago and the first thing I did was turn off all my services with them.   

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom