Mould on awning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

El Guapo

I have a 2005 Jayco 29FBS TT. I have mould issues on my Carefree awning. It has turned pink along the stitching  and is beginning to cover some of the central parts of the awning. I have gotten nowhere with Carefree. I have sent numerous letters and photos. They apologize for the problem, however, refuse to accept any responsability. My beef is that I also look after my in-laws 2003 Jayco Designer. I wash each awning with the same detergent at the same time and both are stored the same way at the same location. Their awning is fine. This leads me to believe that there is a problem with the year of awning. Is anyone else having a problem with pink mould on their Carefree awning?

I have an '07 29' JAG with a Carefree awning.  Six months (+-) in SE Texas humidity and lots of rain.  So far, no mold problems of any kind.  But, I am vigilant about opening awning ASAP after any rain.  Looking to the AnswerBag, it says to use a diluted bleach mixture to remove pink mold from showers and tub enclosures but nothing about awnings or any such fabrics or synthetic materials.  So, if you elect to use a bleach mixture, I would be very careful about possible affects on awning material.  Good luck. 

El Guapo said:
I have a 2005 Jayco 29FBS TT. I have mould issues on my Carefree awning. It has turned pink along the stitching  and is beginning to cover some of the central parts of the awning. I have gotten nowhere with Carefree. I have sent numerous letters and photos. They apologize for the problem, however, refuse to accept any responsability. My beef is that I also look after my in-laws 2003 Jayco Designer. I wash each awning with the same detergent at the same time and both are stored the same way at the same location. Their awning is fine. This leads me to believe that there is a problem with the year of awning. Is anyone else having a problem with pink mould on their Carefree awning?

We have never had this type problem with any awning on any MH.  Have you tried removing the the pink with a color safe cleaner?

Thanks!
I think I have narrowed down the problem to the 04- 06 models. Because it is primarily on the stitching, I think that it may have been something with the glue they used. I have expressed this to Carefree. They claim it is the detergent I use.  I am going to try a product that has bacteria in it that eats mould. I can't recall the name of it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom