Fisher & Paykel DS603 Dishwasher

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob T

Afternoon everyone, just finished first winter as a snowbird, loved it, no snow or freezing temperatures.  :))

Have an F&P single drawer dishwasher that got lots of use over the 6 months until the 2nd last night.

Problem is an F1 code.

Pulled power and still there when power restored.

Removed the drawer, checked the moisture sensor and reservoir where it sits, both dry.

Followed instructions to put into diagnostic mode. Instructions say when in diagnostic mode, the code will not continue.
I just get the machine into diagnostic mode and trouble code back, over ride diagnostics.

Anyone had similar experience?  If so, were you able to correct problem?

Thanks in advance

Bob

I found this on the a quick search, I copy and pasted the directions and also included the link. (If needed)

https://www.hunker.com/13407750/troubleshooting-an-f1-error-in-a-fisher-paykel-dishwasher

F1 Fault Code
The F1 fault code indicates that water has filled the flood pan beneath the bottom drawer of the machine.

This can happen if the drawer isn't shut all the way, something tall prevents the unit from sealing properly during washing or the actuators have failed. Water in the drain pan can also be caused by a drain blockage, a clogged filter, a faulty lid seal or a leaking water-inlet valve.

Turn off the water supply immediately to the machine. Shut off power to the unit by unplugging it from the wall or flip the circuit breaker switch to the Off position.

Inspect the Drain Pan
To inspect the drain pan, pull out the bottom drawer until it stops. Depress the two square tabs on either side of the drawer right behind the front panel to continue removing the drawer as far out as you can, then lift the drawer up and out, tilting at a slight angle to remove it. Set an old towel in the drain pan to soak up the excess water. Verify the drain pan has no water and is completely dry before continuing; otherwise, the code will still come on.

Verify that the drain and fill lines are attached to the unit and they have no leaks and are not kinked. Replace any leaking drain or fill lines if leaks are discovered. Check the filter area to ensure it is not blocked. To clean the filter in the drawer complete the following:

Clean the Drain Filter
Step 1
Locate the drain-access filter panel on the bottom of the drawer.

Step 2
Remove the rack that sits above it.

Step 3
Pull up to lift the drain filter and remove it from the machine.

Step 4
Set the filter under the faucet to rinse it clean with cold water.

Step 5
Reinstall the filter and confirm that it sits flush with the bottom of the DishDrawer.

Test the Actuators
To verify the actuators don't need replacing, press and hold the Lock and Start buttons at the same time for 5 seconds. Press the Power button, then press the Start button three times until the screen displays Ld. Press the Lock button again to activate the actuators. If the lid in the machine moves up and down with little to no effort, the actuators do not need replacing.

Thanks Gizmo100

I did find that article and followed instructions there.
Then I found an electronic version of service manual (which I will gladly provide if anyone needs).

I believe the service manual is where I read that when in diagnostic mode, the trouble code would be inactive.

Excuse me, I am using Farberware FDW05ASBWHA Dishwasher. Used it for the first time and my baby bottles came out cloudy with a powdery residue i?m assuming from the detergent i used. how do i prevent this?

Please tell us more.  What detergent did you use? One made for dishwashers or ???  How much detergent did you use - excessive amount can cause that problem?    Also, which of the Farberware washers 5 programs were you using, e.g. Normal, Baby Care, etc.?  It sounds as though maybe it didn't rinse fully; did it use all the water in the tank or were you running with a hose to the water faucet?

Hard water can also cause dishwashers to leave a cloudy film behind.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom