Playing the uke down under

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joezeppy

I promised this video to Tom a long time ago and finally got around to posting it. This is my youngest playing at a Backpackers in Australia July 2017. She was over there for 13 weeks student teaching 6th graders in Mooloolaba on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland. My wife had the opportunity to join her for about 2 weeks as well while they traveled the Northeastern part of the country. It's not the greatest quality video but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless.

https://youtu.be/rRXAodHUmMg

Thanks Joe. She does something I can't do, i.e. play and sing while everyone around her is making an awful (and IMO disrespectful) noise.

Tom said:
Thanks Joe. She does something I can't do, i.e. play and sing while everyone around her is make an awful (and IMO disrespectful) noise.

X's 2 on the disrespectful...

I love that song but could barley hear it....

It looks like it might be a communal place so think she may have been just playing for those closest to her?

It was noisy but she is a good played and singer and a beautiful girl!

Thanks for all the nice comments. Yes, it surely was noisy there. It was a hostel, basically, and there were all sorts of folks there making it quite "busy". Her entertaining was just for fun.  ;D

I'd love to hear her sing and play without the distractions.

Performing in that environment reminds me of a line in the Credence Clearwater Revival song Lodi:
'If I only had a dollar for every song I've sung, and every time I've had to play while people sat there drunk.'

After several terrible experiences, we will no longer perform for audiences eating &/or drinking alcohol.

It all started when she played the part of Marta in 3rd grade in our high school's presentation of The Sound of Music. From there on out she caught the music bug. She often sings at Sunday Mass (with her high school choral teacher, ironically enough!) when she's home from college.
We have a few friends who have bands and play mostly bars - I know they have lots of fun doing it but it's got to be crazy!

It all started ... in 3rd grade
That's a great age to get the music bug. I sang ah capella from an early age, but didn't play any musical instruments until many years later.

... friends who have bands and play mostly bars ... it's got to be crazy!
Aye, I don't know how they do it. The last time our uke band played (by request) at a 'civic' dinner (mayors and city councils of a number of nearby towns/cities), we couldn't hear ourselves, let alone other band members. We cut songs out of the performance and skipped to the closing number. I was so disgusted that I put up this page on our web site.

Back
Top Bottom