BLM Camping near Arches NP in 40? MH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donandlin

Any suggestions for easy access to BLM near Arches?  Saw Wickiup, Justesen flat and Lone Warrior on app but how easy to get in? Thanks

donandlin,
I am interested in what you learn.  We are planning our first trip to this area in May.  I used RVTripWizard to find a camping location (Archview RV) that is close to the Arches and also Canyonland.  We plan on packing up camp and making a day trip to the Delicate Arch viewpoint and the next day to "Dead Horse Point".

However if there are other campgrounds suitable for a larger Class A I am interested in knowing more.  The TripWizard shows the BLM campgrounds you mention.  I wasn't sure how "Class A friendly" they are though.

Based on our trip duration we have 2 days to spend in this area, and then we return back north.  Next year I'd like to extend this trip to Southern Utah and the grand Canyon.

I'd like to hear tips other people may have.  We are new to RV travel - it's our first year.

Check out the reviews on Campendium, note I have selected "public" as a filter.  You may need to set up an account to view this but it is free and you only get the odd email with campsite recommendations.

https://www.campendium.com/utah/moab#filter_by_category_id%5B%5D=PL&center-popup=Moab%2C+UT

I camped on Klondike Bluff Rd last spring. It is across highway from the airport. There are some large sites at the beginning of the road that would accommodate your rig. The road was pretty washboarded when I was there. The Verizon signal was excellent. I?m not familiar with the other areas you mention.

Excellent info here, including RV length:  https://www.discovermoab.com/blm-campgrounds/

Plus in Canpendium there are some of the boondock locations listed which will handle 40'ers. 

Additionally, what I do is use the satellite view on Google Maps, Bing Maps, and/or Google Earth and zoom down to look at the roads leading to the campsites to see how easy or difficult it is to get large or small rigs into the campsite.  The advantage to actually seeing the campsites on satellite view, is I get to make my own determination rather than try to depend on an unknown source/opinion as to a campsite. 

Note that many times a campsite my be listed as 30'-35' but when you look at them you can see you can back your 40'er in and let the rear hang 10' out the back end of the parking pad and give you lots of space to park.

Be sure to arrive early as some or many of these fill up in the afternoon. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom