rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Music at campsites  (Read 2596 times)

Bill_Fold

Re: Music at campsites
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2019, 07:24:06 AM »
As a performing musician for almost 40 years it is my Humble Opinion(and my experience) that if the musicians are really good, then hardly anyone will complain, as long as the players respect the rights of their neighbors to get a good nights sleep.  8)

TheBar

• ---
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2019, 07:44:47 AM »
Sorry, dont want to offend, but we love the quiet at campgrounds.  I like to hear the sounds of birds, owls, etc.  not everyone likes the same type of music.  I play piano and I love almost all genres of music, except jazz.  So if someone in the site next to me was playing up some jazz every night, i would probably pack up and leave.

X2. I am a musician myself playing keyboard and guitar since I was 4 years old. But at home. For many working stiffs camping is about enjoying nature and getting away from it all. I don't mind someone playing music respectfully for an hour but nobody should dominate their neighbors entire evening. Especially if alcohol is involved since it always increases the volume and singing every note loud and flat. Which is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.
Retired factory automation computer programmer
Cabin fever solution: 30' Class C and Starcraft popup
DW loves camping more than I do

Back2PA

• Photo moderator
  • ---
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2019, 08:25:28 AM »
X2. I am a musician myself playing keyboard and guitar since I was 4 years old. But at home. For many working stiffs camping is about enjoying nature and getting away from it all. I don't mind someone playing music respectfully for an hour but nobody should dominate their neighbors entire evening. Especially if alcohol is involved since it always increases the volume and singing every note loud and flat. Which is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

X3. Most of the time I sit out, it is next to the fire with no music. Very occasionally, I have a bluetooth speaker on, sitting next to me. When I have the speaker on I check the volume carefully by walking about halfway to the nearest camper - if I can hear mine, at all, it's too loud. IMO, whether it comes from a speaker or a guitar you're playing, if others can hear it you are imposing your music on them. They might respond politely, but as TheBar stated, they came to get away from it all. They didn't come there to hear your music, no matter how good or professional
Scott
2014 Montana High Country 343RL (37')
2011 SD F-250 Crewcab LB 4x4, 6.2 Gas, 10K gross
Eezrv TPMS
Fulltimer

garyb1st

• ---
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2019, 09:07:12 AM »
I've got an upright piano at the SB.  From time to time, I've played quite late at night.  Didn't know the neighbors could hear until my neighbor mentioned it one time.  Don't do that anymore.  I'm not good, but enjoy playing.  I would like to take my keyboard when we travel.  It's a 76 key Yamaha, so quite long.  As soon as I can convert the dinette into an office/desk/storage/music station, I will bring it.  However, I'll have the headphones plugged in so I don't get stoned.  And I'm not talking about the kind of stoned you get by smoking.  I'm only good enough to make myself happy :-[ 
Gary B1st

2005 Pace Arrow 35G
2016 Jeep Wrangler

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

knucklebucket

• ---
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2019, 11:59:06 AM »
lol remind me not to stay at any of the grounds where all the nay sayers say no to music in the camp ground. if your truly trying to enjoy nature, then you are somewhere on a mountain ridge, or in the desert plain in a tent, roughing it as nature intended. most campgrounds I go to are filled with families, with kids and/or tourists and they are enjoying getting out of the city. respectful by far mostly they are, but nature quiet they ain't and I don't mind that. I am a touring musician, but when i'm camping in my luxury class A I always take an acoustic and more often than not will play for a bit if asked to do so. and I have never found anyone coming and telling me to quit, but again, I am respectful and don't do it all night. music fills the soul. it's not for everyone I get it. but nothing wrong with a good campfire jam.