Almost witnessed a roll over.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
Yesterday while traveling home, there was a truck towing a small tag-a-long trailer in front of us. He was about 100 yards in front of me. There was an on ramp to our right. There was a pickup coming down the ramp at a fast clip. The driver of the truck in front of me thought he was going to be side swiped by the on coming truck so he jerked the steering wheel hard to the left to avoid a collision. Then he realized that he over did it and pulled back to the right. I saw the 2 passenger side wheels of the trailer come of the pavement about 6". As it turned out, if he had just kept going straight in our lane, he would have been fine. But at the time, it didn't look too good.
I bet it smelled inside that truck until he was able to pull over and change his shorts.

Roy M said:
;D He/she sounds like a very nervous driver, it's only a matter of time until trouble finds them.

My wife is a  little nervous at times like this and I keep telling her to hold her ground. If we get hit, oh well. It's much better than pulling into the left lane in the path of another driver.

Had a tree fall across the road in front of me today.  I was pulling a utility trailer with a brand new zero turn mower but still had an easy time stopping.  Just a few seconds later and it would have been real bad.  It was a two lane good country road and all traffic both directions stopped without issue, but then a tanker tractor trailer barreled over the hill and locked up all the wheels.  The guy in the new Super Duty that he was gonna ram was very alert and floored it crossing the road and up into a front lawn.  We couldn't manhandle the tree, but one guy had a battery powered large sawzall and was able to make a cut, another had a chain and pulled the tree to the side of the road.  Great crew with many pitching in to help and we had it cleared in short order.  Caught the whole thing on dashcam.

About 15 years ago I was driving southbound through Dallas, Texas (I think on central expressway) in a van pulling a 16 ft utility trailer, and saw 3 over turned trailers in a 2 mile stretch of road.  One was was a Jeep SUV (Cheokee?) pulling an overloaded trailer loaded with large diameter PVC pipe sitting upside down on its roof on the feeder road, the second was a northbound travel traveler being pulled by a pickup truck jacknifed into the concrete median, and the 3rd was another utility trailer in the southbound ditch.

Just yesterday I left out of Panama city beach Fl to come back home. It's only a 2 hour drive. And on the way home NOTHING happened ::)......Sorry folks I like my story better.  ;D ;D

Those are reactionary drivers,, the worst kind. You (and they) never know what they are going to react to next!!>>>Dan

Back
Top Bottom