A Review of RV Forum by a not-so-impartial reviewer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike Goad

I've had the pleasure of being a member of the forum since the beginning of February 2007.  In that time, with a lot of help from what I've read here, I've gone from RV wannabe and hopefully retiring-sometime-in-the-near-future to a slightly seasoned RVer (and I'm also retired, though the forum didn't directly help with that).

Recently I posted about an online review I had done on a campground we had visited. That topic was Paradise Lake Camping Resort - a review by visitor. It wasn't a very favorable review.

This evening I sat down to write a more pleasurable review - a review of the forum as I see it.  It's posted on my blog as RV Forum - A Review and is intended to be a positive review as that has been the way my experience here has been - very positive.

Please let me know if any of my facts are wrong.

Superb article Mike.  The 3 gentleman you signaled out are definitely over burdened on this Forum as are Tom and others not mentioned.  They do an excellent job and deserve any and all compliments anyone can pay them.  One thing you failed to mention and perhaps didn't know is that Tom solely finances this Forum with only support from members that offer to donate whatever they feel they can.  No fees and no guff should you not donate.  Where else can you get the knowledge and the experience of people that refer to one another as Framily.  The Rally's that they attend are always a great success and a treat to any that attend.

Thank you Mike for the kind words and positive review of the RV Forum. It is really great to hear such kind words.  and Thanks to Shyane for his positive coments in his reply. 

Wow, nice comments Mike, thank you very much. The staff here, including the ones you mentioned, truly deserve the praise. Their tireless efforts, along with the wonderful members we have here, are what keeps us going.

Shayne said:
One thing you failed to mention and perhaps didn't know is that Tom solely finances this Forum with only support from members that offer to donate whatever they feel they can.  No fees and no guff should you not donate. 

Good point.  Actually, I did know it.  Check out my February 16, 2006 post, Best RV Forum ? and financial contribution by a tightwad.

I've revised the RV Forum - A Review article and included the lack of any cost as well as a special mention for Tom, including a reference to a recent discussion where I didn't understand his humor. 

Tom, in the revision, I also quoted something you said here.

I don't get a lot of traffic on the blog.  However, I do get traffic on the web-site - over 16,000 visits in June - and I've included a link there to the article. Perhaps a few future visitors will find their way over here.

So far as donating, it's been over a year since I donated, so it's time to do so again, and I just did. I'm a little bit of a tightwad and don't contribute to many web sites, but I will continue to support RV Forum.  I do encourage others to do the same!

Thanks again Mike. Appreciate all the nice comments.

As the owner of the Wanderlodgeforum.org, I can attest to the fact that lots of time is spent doing behind the scenes issues. My hat is off to all the behind the scenes folks who make this such a helpful entity.

Carl L said:
Now I will hit Tom up for a raise.  ;D

Let's see if I got it figured out now.  That'd be a 3 or 4% of what you're getting now type raise, right?  ::)

Mike Goad said:
Let's see if I got it figured out now.  That'd be a 3 or 4% of what you're getting now type raise, right?   ::)

Nah, Tom's a good guy....he'll DOUBLE our saleries :)

Wendy

Double it is Wendy. Now you'll be making as much as me  :(

Be safe in your travels Wendy. Aren't you glad Mike installed the HN dish on the roof of the coach  ;)

Mike - Actually the weather here in SE Missouri isn't all that bad. A bit warm and muggy be we slept with the windows open last night and no A/C !! Hoping that Bull Shoals in your state is as nice tomorrow and Saturday and Branson next week.

Tom - Campground here has great WiFi, as did the last campground, so Mike hasn't had to climb on the roof and deploy the dish. But it's kind of nice knowing that it's there if we need it!! And we used it almost every day on the way east. You just never know when you're going to need it. Mike, of course, is hoping for a good deal on an automatic in Quartzsite and big strong guys to help him get it up on the roof.

Wendy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxL
Back
Top Bottom