Vets in Canada for Alaska Health Certificate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julie and Rod

Has anyone had to get a 30 day health certificate for their cat, in Canada, before entering Alaska? We have a Cert from our local Vet and rabies cert, but it will be more like 2 months before we reach Alaska. I should've waited, our local Vet charged  $160. for our two cats. Going north through Idaho and then Lake Louise, Banff area. Never driven there before, we are following another couple who have been twice (no pets). Thanks for your help.

My wife was a vet tech in Fairbanks. From what you have described your only option is to get another health certificate in Canada before you enter Alaska. She suggests waiting until you get to Whitehorse, YT and get a HC from a local vet there. Don't know how long you intend to be in Alaska so that certificate may still be good for your return trip. If you need another one for your return trip we can highly recommend Mt. McKinley Animal Hospital in Fairbanks.

I was (and still am) unaware of the need for a 30 day health certificate to enter Canada or the lower 48 USA states. Is this an Alaska requirement by any chance?? (We traveled for at least 10years to and from the lower 48 states with our cats and only a rabies cert was required. Never required to show it in either direction however.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom