ladder lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

littlejohn

I have a 1990 Ford Fleetwood Jamboree. Does anyone know where the switch for the ladder lights is located. I have checked out everything associated with the lights i.e. bulbs, wiring to the lights up to where the wires disappear into the coach. I have tried every switch possible. Please, I just want to know if you know where the switch is located. 

I'm just guessing that other folks had the same thought I'm having....Ladder lights??

Maybe a bit more information....

I am sorry for not being more specific. I am talking about the ladder on the back of the motorhome, nothing to do with the steps. It is listed in the manual as the ladder lights but they don't say where the switch is.

littlejohn said:
I am sorry for not being more specific. I am talking about the ladder on the back of the motorhome, nothing to do with the steps. It is listed in the manual as the ladder lights but they don't say where the switch is.

Are there lights mounted on the ladder?

There are lights above the ladder mounted on the coach. I assume if you needed to climb the ladder to get to the roof at night you turn them on with a switch mounted somewhere inside the RV. I just have not been able to locate the switch. All the switches inside the RV work such as the step light but none of them operate the ladder lights unless one of them also operate the ladder lights then I would be able to have a definite place to start. If someone knows it would make it easier for me to trace the problem.

Just a long shot.......
I'm guessing the switch will be around the driver's dash controls. And my first guess is that it's tied into the dome light circuit.

Also, I can live without the lights as I have for years it's just that I have completely restored this RV and this is the only item left. It would be nice to have them work to complete my project.

Thank you for that suggestion. I haven't thought of that. If it turns out to be the dome light switch I will let you know. Thanks again for the idea!!!

Actually, I meant to say the dome light circuit. I had to add this because a lot of people on this forum are extreme critics. I found this out when I first joined several years ago.
Thank you

Just a WAG but maybe it's tied to a basement compartment light?  Seems for something that's used infrequently you'd control it from something else already in place.  Think "production" and "cheap", no point in installing any more parts or wires than necessary.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Oh yeah! actually, I thought the same thing about one of the compartment switches. Knowing that I have already checked and replaced the bulbs and temporarily connected power to the wires coming down from the lights and they work, none of the switches turn on the lights. I am hoping that someone out there has the same RV and knows where the switch is. I checked those switches for extra wires which may go to the lights and there aren't any. I really appreciate you responding to my post as you could have been correct had I not already been there.
Thanks again  :)

Well I'm guessing you haven't had any luck.

I found this in a online PDF manual. Not sure if it applies to yours.

LADDER INSTALLATION
1. Remove the bottom section of ladder from storage
location (rear storage compartment in "R" model,
overhead compartment in all others).
2. Remove top section of ladder from rear storage
compartment.
3. Place upper and lower sections of ladder together.
Secure by turning both large knurled knobs until
tight.
4. Raise ladder into position on the rear cap. Slide
guide arms into slots located at the top center of
the cap. Raise ladder high enough so lower section can be inserted into holes in the bumper.
NOTE: For night installation, turn on rear utility lights
with switch near entry door. Turn lights off after use.

Thank you all! Fleetwood sent me all the wiring diagrams they had for 1990. The switch you would think, would be by the entry but it isn't. It happened to be tied into the interior light switch. I have to thank Gizmo 100 for the brilliant suggestion.

littlejohn said:
Thank you all! Fleetwood sent me all the wiring diagrams they had for 1990. The switch you would think, would be by the entry but it isn't. It happened to be tied into the interior light switch. I have to thank Gizmo 100 for the brilliant suggestion.

:)) :))

Glad you found the solution. and thanks for the follow up.

I just saw this today...Not quiet sure how I missed it when you posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom